1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Fallout: New Vegas!

Discussion in 'Games' started by stinger608, May 12, 2010.

1. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    it does matter to me, its what gets my system over the performance limit to make gameplay smooth. we now know that its a compound issue between the 64Hz crap, temo, and something else (that the dll fixes), but even so its silly to tell everyone they need all the fixes, when many just need the temo command - which DOESNT modify game files or mess with quality.

2. crazyeyesreaper

crazyeyesreaper Chief Broken Rig

Thanks Received:
    and yet again DLL dosent do a damn thing you realize theres a java app that creates DLLs for your direct GPU now and fixes the issues as well so you can configure the game to run properly with a dll tailored to your gpu. Its a damn dll file drop and go its not modifying anything if it dosent work remove it and it works better then the Temo fix

temo - 35 avg
    dll = 60 avg

temo - 20min
    dll = 30min

so temo is 25fps slower on average and 10fps slower on min fps so again its a moot point and temo + dll only gives me 1fps so really whys it so hard to use a dll? especially when newer mods let you force the game to detect your GPU and use a custom dll tailored to your gpu

and your saying dosent modify game files blah blah blah its a god damn bethesda game everyone mods the damn files or the ini so its again a damn moot point dll fix works better offers better gameplay and works just fine especially since i created my own 5800 dx9 dll for the game steam dosent seem to despise the dll now on my end so the games now fixed and runs flawlessly even the large scale battle mod works now without issue and im sorry Temo cant fix that dll = 29fps avg temo - 8fps avg so yea sorry temo = dosent cut it no matter how you slice it

i think your still basing things off the Dll that was tailored to Nvidia cards which isnt the case anymore

and i can tell you right now the DLL fix if you get the right one for your gpu either nvidia or ati dll fix results in no image quality loss. if you run the wrong dll though then that could be an issue

Last edited: Nov 1, 2010
  3. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    Kids read the above post. This is why you should stay in school. Those English skills will always be useful. :)

4. crazyeyesreaper

Thanks Received:
    ah shut it laughing man :roll:

5. SabreWulf69

SabreWulf69 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Wicked, CRT ftw :) And, wow... impressively extensive. Hmm my fix links aren't my personal sources, sorry about that, but try to find them elsewhere, you get the general drift of it :) And yeah mussels, finding out the actual cause of the problem rather than chucking a random dll in there which for "whatever" reason seems to work would be good. It would be good if someone found out the exact reason for why it does actually work, and then maybe a report can be made to Bethesda for them to make a new patch to fix the issue once and for all officially :)

6. crazyeyesreaper

Thanks Received:
    i can agree on finding the issue but its an issue thats been around for 4 + years and has no real fix yet so either accept that the DLL work and just roll with it or u can try and tinker as i have and get no where the engine needs to be fixed by the developer its not something bethesda or obsidian can really do you see bethesda licensed the engine but there still using the same engine with no real changes

its why morrowind could be imported to oblivion and oblivion in some aspects could be imported to fallout 3 and fallout 3 nearly directly to New Vegas the only reason oblivion and fo3 dont mix is the skeleton and animations tied to it are altered slightly otherwise stuff from morrowind 7 years ago works in Fallout New Vegas today the Engine troubles have been around since as far back as Morrowind the Morrwind Graphics Extender fixed some of the issues but otherwise there still present today. I dont work for Emergent Game Technologies so i dont know the inner workings of the game engine i dont have source code and i sure as hell couldnt fix the issue alone even if i did. Its something we have to live with. The Gamebryo engine of today was original brought out in 2001 and it really hasnt changed much accept for support for new direct X's lol.

7. n-ster

Thanks Received:
    Walls of texts after walls of texts :roll: I like to have a bolded thesis line and or conclusion/summary :D

but I'll say, regarding the last post, that even if these are 7 year old problems, they eem easily fixable or at least have a work around; so I am guessing they will probably fix it with a patch in the future

8. Batou1986

Batou1986

Thanks Received:
    This fps thing isnt the only problem i had a bunch of quest go broken on me in the sp and a few times lost hours of play time due to things glitching out during quests and me not being able to advance.

I don't understand why the game was released like this in the first place it seems like this glitch effects just about every gfx card configuration out there, so what the hell did they test on which made the game run amazing.

@crazyeyesreaper PLEASE
    [​IMG]

9. n-ster

Thanks Received:
    Yea, but the game was hyped enough that they rushed it so that they could get those release sells

10. SabreWulf69

SabreWulf69 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Indeed

Indeed

Where there's a will there's a way, I do live with the dll, but I would love to know why exactly it works, so it can be reported to who ever is to fix be it Bethesda or whoever once they know they can fix it officially. Not also everyone has computer knowledge to even use the dll it'self, they know about 2 things, installing a game and using the updates from the game.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2010
  11. ShiBDiB

ShiBDiB

Thanks Received:
    Holy triple post batman

12. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    super saiyan kitty merging powers, go!

[​IMG]

SabreWulf69, TIGR and KieX say thanks.
  13. Velvet Wafer

Velvet Wafer New Member

Thanks Received:
    i guess its time to finally show up here:
    [​IMG]

14. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    can people use techpowerup.org for the images? they'll load a hell of a lot faster for everyone (particularly me, i can download at 1MB/s but these images take minutes to load)

15. Velvet Wafer

Velvet Wafer New Member

Thanks Received:
    done ;)

16. Black Panther

Black Panther Senior Moderator™ Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I found a picture of Fallout 3's Tenpenny Tower in New Vegas :)
    [​IMG]

Lol...
    [​IMG]

Beautiful...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

1Kurgan1 and TIGR say thanks.
  17. TIGR

Thanks Received:
  18. Black Panther

Thanks Received:
    Q

I've got 2 side-quests where I'm stuck --

1) "I Put a Spell on You" I've been waiting inside the control tower in vain.
    In the wiki it says that a spy should come between midnight and 2 AM but in my case no one came
    I've tried on different nights.

2) I'm trying to fight Antony's dogs to get the girl's teddy bear back for her and they keep killing me every time whereas I barely inflict any damage on them at all.
    this is the part in the legion's HQ, Antony strips the player off all weapons, armor and food and you have to fight the dogs wearing underwear and with only a machete. Obviously there are no stimpacks either since they take them from you when you enter their HQ

:confused:

19. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    I see a picture of a man whore talking about the size of his "rocket" then I see a picture of rockets :laugh:

Black Panther says thanks.
  20. TIGR

Thanks Received:
    Try just going into the control tower after 1:30am if you don't see anyone. Stay low and listen for someone talking up there.

21. Crusader

Crusader New Member

Thanks Received:
    I went in there at 01:40'ish, then
    the guy met me directly at the door and attacked me.

22. TIGR

Thanks Received:
    In that case, make sure you save your game first haha. Perhaps if you wait until a little closer to 2am it will work.

23. Techtu

Techtu

Thanks Received:
    Wow... those so called rockets do come into play in the game at some point then :D

24. Black Panther

Thanks Received:
    Don't confuse them with those rockets at the
    Dinosaur souvenir shop
    ... totally unrelated ;)

Some nice info below, possibly meaning that NV is nearly twice as large a game than FO3 :rockout:

[​IMG]

PVTCaboose1337 and Techtu say thanks.
  25. Techtu

Techtu

Thanks Received:
    ah... That would be the ones I got mixed up with :/