1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Fallout: New Vegas!

Discussion in 'Games' started by stinger608, May 12, 2010.

1. Stak New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yay i just killed it with cz57 avenger and with luck. Oh yeah now i recall how i did it . Just like mussels said, thanks :).

2. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Nope, neither is FO3, was one of the first things I did for FO3, remember this engine is basically from Morrowind, back then 512mb was a massive amount of RAM.

3. crazyeyesreaper

crazyeyesreaper Chief Broken Rig

Thanks Received:
    This is morrowind with the Graphics Extender for those who usually dont know what there talking about this Direct X 8.1 engine at the time now has support for fullscreen SSAO DoF etc which with proper replacments mods can make Morrowind look as good or in rare cases better then Oblivion etc lol thus you can really see from here just how much of the game engine is borrowed to form the Gamebryo engine seen today.

And yes morrowind also benefits from being LAA just like its new counter parts :roll: just as i had said earlier the same issues and things that had to be overcome with morrowind are still present today in Oblivion Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas. That said i have a feeling as time goes on a graphics extender may appear for the gamebryo engine, just a matter of wait and see.

but it kinda goes to show you that if you put in the time years ago a nearly same lvl of graphics could be achieved on much lesser hardware i ran the below on a shitty 7300le 512 turbo cache card for reference. :toast:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 6, 2010
  4. Stak New Member

Thanks Received:
    looks good. i clould almost say it looks better than fnv.

is it possible to change the shaders to sm 3.0 at least at fnv? with a mod of course. as the shaders and shadows in this game are crap for these days. really crap. reminds me of a game of 2006. the shadows in test drive unlimited are better than this game!

5. crazyeyesreaper

Thanks Received:
    its semi possible but sadly bethesda never fully did SM3.0 shaders for all objects so while it does work and does offer a performance improvement in some situations in others the objects end up being invisible and causing graphical artifacts. some of these can be overcome with mods and replacers in the older games but overall its not really effective.

for better shadows just go into the ini file and change shadow map size from 1024 to 2048 that fixes self shadows in oblivion which uses 256 shadows and also gives shadow improvements in Fo3 and new vegas which defaults to 1024 shadow map size

6. Stak New Member

Thanks Received:
    and where is this .ini fine? :)

7. crazyeyesreaper

Thanks Received:
    Stak says thanks.
  8. Stak New Member

Thanks Received:
    some mods that i use. random weapons, western sky mod, house on a hill, green goodsprings mod.

m1 garand with nightscope.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    ak-47
    [​IMG]

some m4 i think.. the green goodspreings mod is from cemetery to a bit past victors shack but the LOD of this game wont show it.
    [​IMG]

FN SCAR-L :D awesome gun from impulse weapon pack.
    [​IMG]
    HK mp5-k i think dont remember :p
    [​IMG]
    some rifle.
    [​IMG]

9. purecain

purecain

Thanks Received:
    this was a memorable moment... i was certain they were gonna just blow up... or did they blow up after... ^^

the last pics where i'm at in the game...

Attached Files:

10. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Game was updated tonight but beware it might be bad as when mine updated some of a attacking group just go unconscious.

All saves do it don't matter were i go either anyways here's the update list. Games now unplayable.

Fallout: New Vegas - Version 1.1.1
    Companions now show up as waypoints on the map
    Companions will always fast travel with you, unless told to wait or sent away
    Fix: DLC error/save corruption
    Fix: Stuttering with water effects
    Fix: Severe performance issues with DirectX.
    Fix: Controls temporarily disabled after reloading Cowboy Repeater while crouched
    Fixed crash using the Euclid C-Finder while having the Heave Ho perk
    Fix: Entering the strip after Debt Collector causes crash and autosave corruption
    Fix: Using Mojave Express dropbox can cause DLC warnings
    Fixed crash when buying duplicate caravan cards from a vendor in a single transaction
    Crafting menu should filter valid (bright) recipes to the top of the list
    Fix: Sitting down while looking down a weapon's ironsights leaves player control locked
    Fix: If a companion is knocked unconscious with broken limbs they stay broken on respawn
    Fix for varmint night scope effect persisting in kill cam
    Fix for giving companions armor that adds STR does not increase their carry weight
    Fix NPC Repair menu displays DAM as DPS
    Having NPC repair service rifle with forged receiver decreases CND

EDIT: Game failed to validate on one file and it re downloaded it and seems like it fixed the issue :).

Last edited: Nov 10, 2010
  11. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    i suggest people undoing any community fixes before playing with the patch, could explain some issues.

Fallout: New Vegas - Version 1.1.1
    Companions now show up as waypoints on the map - excellent
    Companions will always fast travel with you, unless told to wait or sent away - thank god
    Fix: DLC error/save corruption -???
    Fix: Stuttering with water effects - ???
    Fix: Severe performance issues with DirectX. - thank god
    Fix: Controls temporarily disabled after reloading Cowboy Repeater while crouched - it happened with all manually loading weapons, if you moved while reloading.. community fix exists

Fixed crash using the Euclid C-Finder while having the Heave Ho perk - community fix exists
    Fix: Entering the strip after Debt Collector causes crash and autosave corruption - wtf!
    Fix: Using Mojave Express dropbox can cause DLC warnings - lol
    Fixed crash when buying duplicate caravan cards from a vendor in a single transaction
    Crafting menu should filter valid (bright) recipes to the top of the list - useful
    Fix: Sitting down while looking down a weapon's ironsights leaves player control locked - lol!
    Fix: If a companion is knocked unconscious with broken limbs they stay broken on respawn - interesting
    Fix for varmint night scope effect persisting in kill cam
    Fix for giving companions armor that adds STR does not increase their carry weight
    Fix NPC Repair menu displays DAM as DPS - i'd noticed this
    Having NPC repair service rifle with forged receiver decreases CND - ?? NPC's unfixed it?

12. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Game runs smooth as silk for me now. :)

13. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    yeah it seems good here too, basically they piled all the community found fixes in as one (and a few extras too) - the game is now quite good, how it should have been at launch.

14. KieX

Thanks Received:
    Awesome! This news has made my staying up late worth it :laugh:

Time to break out the Red Bull and enjoy this update :pimp:

15. r9

r9

Thanks Received:
    Even on GTX 460 ? And what is the % of utilization during smooth gaming ?
    I`m getting 60% max utilization and game runs like garbage.

16. Techtu

Techtu

Thanks Received:
    Have you updated the game to the latest patch? I did ask you in the other thread but didn't see an answer :p

17. r9

r9

Thanks Received:
    And I did replay explaining that this game it is not only example it is just the worst example.
    I have posted the screen from utilization of gpu and cpu and if you can see the average is more like 40%.

Latest chipset vga drivers. ATi drivers removed with driver sweeper. Windows installation is 1 month old. I know that not stable overclocks can be cause for bad performance. But overclock is 100% stable don`t get any freezups BSD or restarts. And tried the card at stock it is just the same.

The reason that I started hunting other threads because I want to see screen with cpu/gpu utilization of gtx 460 on Fallout for direct comparation to mine results.

Techtu says thanks.
  18. Techtu

Techtu

Thanks Received:
    Give me 5 minutes and I'll show you a screen print.

EDIT:

[​IMG]

obviously not ran it for very long but at the moment in the game I'm at "The Strip" which is a pretty intensive place to be in (quite a bit happening on screen, lights, NCR Troops & stuff) I'm getting around the same results in AfterBurner, and Have Vsync enabled, also using the DX9 fix at the moment.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2010
    r9 says thanks.
  19. r9

r9

Thanks Received:
    I really don`t know what to think or do. Nice clocks by the way. :toast:

Techtu says thanks.
  20. Techtu

Techtu

Thanks Received:
    Try it with Vsync on maybe if not tried already... see if that helps in any way?

... and thanks, they are pretty impressive if I do say so myself :D :toast:

21. Stak New Member

Thanks Received:
    Game crashed on me many times before the update now its not crashing anymore :D .

Btw: Mussels i added you at steam :).

22. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    dont take it the wrong way, but i rarely accept friend requests on steam.

for a while all was well with TPUers on there, but it all goes to shit when 20+ people invite me to join their laggy american game servers every 5 minutes, usually when i'm already in a different game.

that and TPU account names and steam names never match up, so i never know who the hell i'm talking to...

23. Techtu

Techtu

Thanks Received:
    Is there any so called easy way to kill the overseer in volt 34? I'm all outta stimpaks and such but he takes some killing, grenade launchers are no good, plasma's are no good + I'm low on ammo at the moment, anyway's I'd be greatful for any help here :D

:toast:

EDIT: The update doesn't seem to of made any difference for me :( so I'm still rocking DX9 :rockout:

24. crazyeyesreaper

Thanks Received:
    super sledge the overseer if u dont have a super sledge use a rebar hammer (cement on an iron rod dropped from nightkin during the quest to help the ghouls on there journey or w.e

25. AltecV1

AltecV1 New Member

Thanks Received:
    still no world texture mods :(