• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Fan certifications

Whilst working on my inventory of 300+ fans and reviewing them, I record the certifications that I can identify in my database. The most common are CE, ROHS, UL (which has two different symbols I know of, one that looks like RU flipped), TUV, UKCA, CEA and FCC. There are a few others and I found the RCM logo yesterday from Australia/NZ, which is a checkmark inside of a circle inside of a triangle. However, others prove difficult to identify. Can anyone tell me where to find out what these are?

For example:

• There are two that I've seen on several fans, one of which is clearly Mandarin and the other is some other type of Asian script. I have no idea what they are. These aren't that common but I've seen them several times, although not always together. The Aerocool Dead Silence 120 Red DS-120mm Red, A1225L12 has both of the Asian certs.
  • There's also a solid circle with a checkmark that extends to and erases the border of the circle to the right without extending outwards.
  • There are various others that seem to be related to recycling, most of which are triangular or circular.
  • A couple of times, I've come across a cert logo that has "N#####" with it. When I search for the number (e.g. N17266), all I find are results related to airplanes.
Can anyone help?

Last edited:
System Name AlderLake / Laptop
Processor Intel i7 12700K P-Cores @ 5Ghz / Intel i3 7100U
Motherboard Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master / HP 83A3 (U3E1)
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A 2 fans + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Extreme + 5 case fans / Fan
Memory 32GB DDR5 Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 6000MT/s CL36 / 8GB DDR4 HyperX CL13
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio / Intel HD620
Storage Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Evo 500GB + 850 Pro 512GB + 860 Evo 1TB x2 / Samsung 256GB M.2 SSD
Display(s) 23.8" Dell S2417DG 165Hz G-Sync 1440p / 14" 1080p IPS Glossy
Case Be quiet! Silent Base 600 - Window / HP Pavilion
Audio Device(s) Panasonic SA-PMX94 / Realtek onboard + B&O speaker system / Harman Kardon Go + Play / Logitech G533
Power Supply Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 750W / Powerbrick
Mouse Logitech MX Anywhere 2 Laser wireless / Logitech M330 wireless
Keyboard RAPOO E9270P Black 5GHz wireless / HP backlit
Software Windows 11 / Windows 10
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R23 (Single Core) 1936 @ stock Cinebench R23 (Multi Core) 23006 @ stock
A picture always shows more than any short description in words. attach (macro) photos in the next comment. Have you tried Google Len's, on the certificate logo you can't figure out?

A picture always shows more than any short description in words. attach (macro) photos in the next comment. Have you tried Google Len's, on the certificate logo you can't figure out?
Good point. I'll try to do both in a bit. Ultimately, I'm hoping there's a resource that shows them all.

Good point. I'll try to do both in a bit. Ultimately, I'm hoping there's a resource that shows them all.
There has more instruments which is alternatives to Google Len's. Amazon recognition maybe is better for logotypes but not sure.

There has more instruments which is alternatives to Google Len's. Amazon recognition maybe is better for logotypes but not sure.
Yeah, I'm an Amazon employee and I refuse to use their programs anymore. Too much spying on us as customers and employees. ;o_O:shadedshu:

Processor AMD Ryzen 5
Memory 16GB DDR4
Storage Crucial P5 Plus (M.2 NVME PCIe 4.0)
Display(s) 27" QHD 144Hz
Power Supply Seasonic Focus GX
  • There's also a solid circle with a checkmark that extends to and erases the border of the circle to the right without extending outwards.
Australia EMC compliance (C-Tick) by the sound of it.