1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Fan control in CCC

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by nate39, Jan 11, 2008.

1. nate39 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I read somewhere that for CCC to speed up your fan as it heats up you need to have ATI services enabled. I am thinking I disabled it in Msconfig/startup because when I run the Tuner in CCC it never speeds up. The tech at Powercolor said that is ok! When it gets around 120 you will hear the fan speed up. I don't know what he is smoking but no way do I want that. I can force the fan to 75% with ATI Tool and that keeps it plenty cool but I figured if CCC can do it, that is one less thing running.

Does anyone know what needs to be enabled in Msconfig/Startup for ATI services to be running? Thanks

2. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Never seen a option for it sadly. BUT i guess there's got to be a way as the fan on the 7.12's seem more relaxed for my card there fore resulting to what you have done.

Not to sure but are Omega drivers still being released if so maybe they have it sorted out ?.

3. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    are we talking about the X800 in your sig?

The reason I ask is that some of the stock coolers only had a speed of ON or OFF!

4. Kreij

Kreij Senior Monkey Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    There is no adjustable fan control in CCC.
    I sent a feedback request for them to add it, but they never replied and it never appeared.

ATITool works fine for fan control, the only problem being that with a crossfire setup it only keeps one of the cards in the profile and I always have to reset the second card when I start ATITool.

The default fan speeds are kept in the BIOS so I could always change the default fan settings in a BIOS file and flash both cards. One of these days maybe.

5. nate39 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I changed my signature. If you read the ATI help manual for CCC, it says that there is fan control. I would like to flash my card but haven't seen instructions for noobs yet.

By the way, my x800gto ran great in ATI Tool fan speed and overclock. Only reason I got rid of it was it was 2.0 shader and not 3.0