1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

fan controller recommendations

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Nailezs, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Nailezs

Thanks Received:
    hey guys
    so i decided to replace the 7 year old fan controller in my case...2 knobs were broke! so, sticking with thermaltake, i decided to get the http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...7&cm_re=fan_controller-_-11-999-137-_-Product
    big mistake! stopped working after 1 night...im going to rma it and hope for the best when the new one gets here, but its so cheap that if it fails again im not going to bother

so what would you guys recommend as a fan controller? i dont need anything fancy like leds or temps etc, just some knobs i can control my fans with, and im not looking to spend more than $60, really dont wanna spend more than $30 but will go up to 60 if its something you guys really really recommend.

im running 7 80mm fans that are rated at about 80cfm(79.7 if i remember correctly, got them 6 years ago haha). when these things are at full blast u can hardly hear yourself think! each fan has a 3 pin connector on a short wire, which then plugs into another wire that is much longer that goes to a 4 pin connector. i would like to just switch to a 3 pin set up all the way to the controller, but would then need some type of adaptor to run 2 fans on each channel.
    i have been running them in 4 channels, but can just as easily run them in 2 if the controller can handle it. it also needs to fit in a 5.25 bay

thx guys

EDIT: can an admin move this to the cooling/overclocking section? thx!

EDIT 2: found the extensions and y connectors i would need to switch to the total 3 pin set-up, now just need a controller recommendation...
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2009
  2. Nailezs

Thanks Received:
    bump
  3. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    I had a Sunbeam Chromatic Windmill, and it was pretty crappy. That's about all the advice I can give. :p
  4. JATownes

JATownes

Thanks Received: