1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Fan for H60 (High air pressure?)

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by Jegergrim, Jun 1, 2012.

1. radrok

radrok

Thanks Received:
    Have you got some data to share please? I'm curious about em :cool:
  2. Law-II

Law-II

Thanks Received:
    Hi

This was an example of the style of fan with multiple fins!, not a recomendation; go with the Gentle Typhoon 1850

atb

Law-II
  3. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    Jegergrim, have you considered a member of the forum purchasing the fans for you and mailing them to you??
  4. Jegergrim

Jegergrim New Member

Thanks Received:
    I was lucky to find both the Gentle Typhoons and BeQuiet fans in two different German shops, so I decided to order one of each, and decide once and for all which is the superior. The Corsair fans on the other hand I can buy in Denmark, found them available, if the two other fans don't suffice in Static Pressure, I'll grab the SP120 :)

Thanks for the idea though, might be I could use a hand like that sometime in the future :)
  5. mm67

Thanks Received:
  6. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    the SP120 cant beat the GTs at the same rpm. but with GTs they only go upto 1850rpm before they require being plugged in via a 4pin molex cable instead of 3pin fan connector and that creates a problem for those who wish to use a fan controller as the controller might not accept 4 pin molex

Scythe used to make 2150rpm GTs but they stopped that a long time ago. now it goes from 1850rpm to 3000rpm, 4200rpm & 5400rpm.

you might not think its special but it addresses a limitation with the gentle typhoons.
  7. mm67

Thanks Received:
  8. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    If you are looking for static pressure, then you should be looking at 120mmx38mm fans. I am running all GTs now, but I miss my Panflos, which were as quiet if not quieter because of the pitch, and pushed more air. Also, most high end 38mm fans are built to industrial standards, so have great bearings and longevity.

EDIT: OOPS, sorry, I just saw you already ordered your fans. Next time, keep your eyes open for the 38mms.
  9. Jegergrim

Jegergrim New Member

Thanks Received:
    Wasn't an option as the Lian Li PC-Q08 case I use don't have the nescessary clearance between the PSU and fan to inhabit anything larger than 25mm fan.
  10. RejZoR

RejZoR

Thanks Received:
  11. radrok

radrok

Thanks Received:
    The fans you are talking about are 80mm, there is no 120mm @ 2200 RPM as far as I know, only 1500 RPM.

http://www.enermax.com/home.php?fn=eng/product_a1_1_2&lv0=4&lv1=13&no=32

Also take manufacturer's number with a grain of salt, they are always much more than what they really are.

http://martinsliquidlab.org/2010/11/04/120mm-fan-testing-on-an-mcr120-radiator-round-6-summary/
  12. purecain

purecain

Thanks Received:
    im using a couple of apache black 120's and after 4 months use they are definatly recommended.
    silent at medium speeds... impressive...
  13. Jegergrim

Jegergrim New Member

Thanks Received:
    I unfortunately chose not to run with them, because the spec sheet somehow felt 'fishy': I was unable to justify a fan running 900rpm under BeQuiet 2200 RPM, whilst almost having the exact same stats, even at a muuch lower noise level. It just sounded to good to be true :)

On the otherhand once I reviece my BeQuiest Shadow Wings High Speed and Gentle Typhoon 1850 I'll come back and offer my subjective review of which is best :)
  14. james888

james888

Thanks Received:
    http://www.frozencpu.com/products/1...Ball_Bearing_Fan_-1500_CFM_PMD1212PTB1-A.html
    Here they are. All 54 db and 150cfm at full speed.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  15. n-ster

Thanks Received:
    I personally like them Alpenfohn fohn 140 (wing boost is nice too) :p the BeQuiet! silentwings 140mm is awesome too. Scythe Kaze Maru 2 140mm medium is nice too

I believe they are all 140mm with 120mm fan holes
  16. LAN_deRf_HA

LAN_deRf_HA

Thanks Received:
    I'm tempted to try one of those corsair SP120 fans for my H70. I think I'm officially over GTs. Bearing noise sucks, and sucks worse under any sort of fan control. They're good fans but I don't think they're worth the price given those faults.
  17. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    If you do, Id like to hear what you think of them.
  18. Jegergrim

Jegergrim New Member

Thanks Received:
    I finally recieved all my packages, including the two fans, but to my misfortune they accidentally sent me the 1500 RPM Be Quiet fan and not the high-speed 2200 RPM, they told me to keep the fan and shipped me the 2200 RPM version aswell, I'll come back with my input how Gentle Typhoon vs these German fans :)
  19. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    thats real nice customer service for you.

I once ordered a set of cathode tubes from a small retailer based up in scotland since i was ordering some other stuff from them too. Unfortunately despite them wrapping them in buble wrap 1 tube from a set was completely crushed when it arrived and was no good to me.

when I sent them an email they told me to keep the working tube as a spare and sent me another set entirely free so at least i would have a matching set instead of an odd looking one.

It might not of been a big or expensive item that broke, but its the small things that some companies/retailers do that put them above the rest of bigger names.

Unfortunately for them, they are quite a small business so they cant always bulk order or stock as many items as bigger retailers with their big fancy warehouses. Their prices suffer a little because of it. I might not purchase big items from them but i always have a look at their site first for anything i need before i hit the bigger retailers.
  20. nleksan

Thanks Received:
    Are the Akasa fans still the best for 140mm rads? I have been looking at the B-Gears Blaster @ 3.25mmHg and that seems really nice, for an XSPC EX420...
  21. Jegergrim

Jegergrim New Member

Thanks Received:
    I totally agree, costumer service is such a big deal for me when buying online. There has been times where I wish I should have looked certain retailers/shops up on costumer service before ordering, since when you order bigger packages, say graphics card and motherboards/cases, you really want them there to support you incase something goes wrong. Else you kinda feel "cheated", and the negotiations can take long enough for one to fret over an exciting buy...

I had my second last build ruines cause of bad service, and the fault was entirely theirs, instead of having to build it during a nice week off from schools, I ended up building it during exam periods where it was no fun to even use it afterwards...

Anyhow, this time I'll have an extra fan to review, and test on the radiator, which makes it a whole lot easier, might even (if I can make room) go for push pull, using the high-speed as push
  22. LAN_deRf_HA

LAN_deRf_HA

Thanks Received:
    Don't trust those ratings. That said I own a pair of those and they're nice fans just not very noise efficient. As with all ball bearing fans you may start to hear them after awhile, especially if you lower their speed. I can't really recommend a rad fan yet. Haven't researched that as recently as case fans.
    Jegergrim says thanks.
  23. _JP_

_JP_

Thanks Received:
    It's bugging me that every fan discussed in this thread and the ones in the store MT Alex linked lack PWM. Am I missing something or does PWM take away performance from high static-pressure fans?
  24. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    If you do a little re-search, you will find that there are a serious lack of high RPM PWM fans....

Apart from the stock fans that ship with the closed loop and some air coolers that can crank upto almost 3000rpm. you cant really buy a pwm fan that goes beyond 1300rpm from any retailer.
    Jegergrim says thanks.
  25. radrok

radrok

Thanks Received:
    I found that the only good 140mm fans for radiators are Aerocool Sharks, the Noiseblocker PK3 makes an annoying noise and the others are all sleeve bearings :( and Noctua doesn't push a good amount of CFM for my likings.