• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Fan settings "grayed out" because of the nVidias latest drivers?

t-mac

Hi

I am a proud owner of 8800GTS and I was using nTune since December 06. I haven't had any problems with this prog till today. I upgraded my nVidia drivers because Splinter Cell Double Agent needed them (without latest drivers I couldn't launch this game - thanks Ubi). I was happy as hell, but there was coming another problem. Fan settings in nTune. I am not able to change fan speed and so on because all these options are "grayed out". And I tried some "google" and I found news that these crazy drivers (158.XX) are causing this problem! Is it true? I couldn't find any good answers and I hope someone knows any details or maybe a solution how to fix this? I really need to adjust fan speed because I am using some overclocked settings during gaming. So I hope You will help me, thanks in advance and sorry for my English.

Processor R7 5800x3D
Motherboard MSI x570 Tomahawk
Cooling XSPC Raystorm Edge,EK QS P420M,EK D5pwm Revo Res
Memory 32gb Corsair Vengeance RT 3600 cl16
Video Card(s) Zotac 3070ti Amp Extreme
Storage Samsung 980pro 1tb x2
Display(s) MSI MPG321QRF QD
Case Corsair 7000D
Power Supply EVGA 1000 P2
Mouse G900
Keyboard Corsair k60 RGB PRO
Software Win 11

t-mac

Yeah I know this prog, but can You tell me - step by step - what to do? I really don't want to mess with my registry files. I would really appreciate that.