1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Fan settings "grayed out" because of the nVidias latest drivers?

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by t-mac, Apr 30, 2007.

1. t-mac New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi

I am a proud owner of 8800GTS and I was using nTune since December 06. I haven't had any problems with this prog till today. I upgraded my nVidia drivers because Splinter Cell Double Agent needed them (without latest drivers I couldn't launch this game - thanks Ubi). I was happy as hell, but there was coming another problem. Fan settings in nTune. I am not able to change fan speed and so on because all these options are "grayed out". And I tried some "google" and I found news that these crazy drivers (158.XX) are causing this problem! Is it true? I couldn't find any good answers and I hope someone knows any details or maybe a solution how to fix this? I really need to adjust fan speed because I am using some overclocked settings during gaming. So I hope You will help me, thanks in advance and sorry for my English.

2. Grings

Grings New Member

Thanks Received:
  3. t-mac New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah I know this prog, but can You tell me - step by step - what to do? I really don't want to mess with my registry files. I would really appreciate that.