• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

fan speed 0% but fan is still running??

sayuwil

At first I 'd like to thank u for this great software RBE.

a strange behavor with my 4870:

After I flashed the BIOS with RBE,I found that the fan speed showed in GPU-Z was 0% , but the fan was actually running! The fan speed showed in CCC or AIDA64 was 0% too...

Is there something wrong with the BIOS? I set the transfer function mode , I doubted that the fan worked at the duty cricle min speed but showed 0% in the same time? what's more ,when the gpu temperature is over 60°C the fan speed showed in GPU-Z go back to normal(shows the real speed).

2 pics in this , thanks a lot for your answers.
gpuz.JPG

rbe hd4870.JPG

Last edited:

roller11

At first I 'd like to thank u for this great software RBE.

a strange behavor with my 4870:

After I flashed the BIOS with RBE,I found that the fan speed showed in GPU-Z was 0% , but the fan was actually running! The fan speed showed in CCC or AIDA64 was 0% too...

Is there something wrong with the BIOS? I set the transfer function mode , I doubted that the fan worked at the duty cricle min speed but showed 0% in the same time? what's more ,when the gpu temperature is over 60°C the fan speed showed in GPU-Z go back to normal(shows the real speed).

2 pics in this , thanks a lot for your answers.
View attachment 39863

View attachment 39864
Why does this surprise you? Every PWM fan has a minimum fan speed, that is, the speed at which it rotates when set to 0%. This is never 0 RPM. Go to any site such as newegg and check out the specs on PWM fans, particularly the min fan speed. It is never 0.

sayuwil

Why does this surprise you? Every PWM fan has a minimum fan speed, that is, the speed at which it rotates when set to 0%. This is never 0 RPM. Go to any site such as newegg and check out the specs on PWM fans, particularly the min fan speed. It is never 0.
Thanks for your reply, I got it.Is there any method to reduce the RPM when the fan works in the minimum fan speed? I find that the fan with the minimum speed still makes much noise and it is even louder than the other fans together in my case.

Last edited: