• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Fancontrol - Sapphire x1600pro

bortoman

hi,
i searched the whole forum, but i couldn't find a topic with my problem, so i'm opening a new one - sorry if i was blind...

my configuration:
graphics: sapphire x1600pro hdmi agp
mainboard: msi k7n2 delta
atitool: 0.26

the fancontrol actually works with my graphic card, but the % seem to be opposite...

let me explain:
when i enable the fan-speed option and select 20 % speed the fan runs on 80% (estimated on the noise level) when i select 80% the fan runs an 20% - very slow (and quite). selecting 100% the fan stops. 0% and a small tornado is in may pc...
does anyone know about this?

every time i change the speed the fan stops for a second and then runs again - i think (and hope) it's normal... isn't it?

general question to other sappire x1600pro users:
when i don't run atitool (remove the autostart option) and turn the computer on it seems as the graphic card has no fancontrol, the fan runs constantly at high level (not 100% but always good hearable)... is this normal?

thanks in advance
bortoman

bortoman

hi guys!

yesterday i made a bios-update for my mainboard and now the fanspeed is correct, so it wasn't a atitool-bug but some problem between my x1600pro and k7n2delta...