1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Fans for Corsair H70

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by Exphius, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Exphius

Exphius New Member

Thanks Received:
    I've been running with the stock fans on my Corsair H70 and was looking to replace them. I know the most popular is the Gentle Typhoon. Those are near impossible to find so I've been looking at the Cooler Master Sickleflow, Enermax Magma, Scythe Slipstream and the Aerocool Shark Red Edition. I'm open to other suggestions obviously and would appreciate anyone's opinion.
  2. N-Gen

N-Gen

Thanks Received:
  3. Exphius

Exphius New Member

Thanks Received:
    Big ups dude, thanks!
  4. N-Gen

N-Gen

Thanks Received:
    No probs, just picked a pair myself for the H80 maybe, if I don't use them I'd still be a proud owner of an almost extinct species.
  5. Live OR Die

Live OR Die

Thanks Received:
  6. bacan New Member

Thanks Received:
    I bought recently new fans for my H70 cause I had needed bigger CFM to cool better this "FX heat-machine". I wanted CM Excalibur because it gives some really nice "air push" but it's price is too high IMHO. Next I found is Titan Kukri TFD-12025H12ZP/KU(RB) so I had those instead.
    There's a short video review of this fan covering CFM/noise testing:
    http://atreview.net/casefan/tfd-12025h12zp.html
    There's GentleTyphoon D1225C12B3AP-13 video review also on that website:
    http://atreview.net/casefan/d1225c12b3ap-13.html
  7. Anusha

Anusha

Thanks Received:
    if i cannot find GTs anywhere, what is the next best thing? (it's so funny that I'm living in the country where they make them - Japan - and cannot find a single GT-1850. currently I'm running couple of Blademasters on a Kuhler 620, but I cannot tolerate the noise after 60% of fan speed and at that speed I am not getting the power of these fans.
  8. LordJummy

LordJummy New Member

Thanks Received:
    I've tested the excaliburs, magmas, etc, etc, etc, and most of them don't compare to the stock fans due to their high static pressure. The h70 is very dense and static pressure is king. The CFM rating means absolutely nothing with that rad. The excaliburs perform well, but even at full blast they didn't beat the stock ones on my h70.

The h70 is on an i7 950. I had a thread a while back testing fans on it, and some different TIM's. If you want quiet get the gentle typhoons. The excaliburs are louder than the stock ones, which are already a bit whiny. I ended up putting the stock fans back on after a while.

Those GT's should work pretty well though. Not sure of the static pressure.

The enermax magmas make really cool case fans though. I used to have them in my 800D before I went custom. They are a really cool red color, and they move a lot of air pretty quietly.
    bacan says thanks.
  9. The_Ish

The_Ish New Member

Thanks Received:
    I run two 1440 rpm GT's on my H60 and idle 28-31 depending on ambient temprature. I've got this "auto OC" via asus new bios, but it will clock as high as 4,35 if needed. I've never seen the temp above 55..

edit/ I'm talking Celsius of course.