1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Far Cry 3 Announced

Discussion in 'Games' started by mdsx1950, Dec 19, 2009.

1. mdsx1950

mdsx1950 New Member

Thanks Received:
    It appears Far Cry 3 is indeed currently in development and it also appears to be looking “pretty exciting,” so far, according to Ubisoft scriptwriter Kevin Shortt.

The third game will be based around an improved version of the Dunia engine.

It will be released sometime in 2010 for X360, PS3 and PC.

And well the good news folks is that the game will be based in Africa again!!! :wtf::wtf::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

2. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    and this time, can we set off raging bushfires that burn for more than 20 seconds before burning out?

Maybe something about the enemies, how they dont just respawn immediately and everyone in africa wants to shoot you on sight?

3. MatTheCat New Member

Thanks Received:
    whats so wrong with that?

It wasn't the fact that they based the game in Africa, but the fact that the gameplay was utterly moribund that made it a forgettable pile of shit. I especially hated the 'diamond case radar', as much fun as threading a needle whilst on a running machine.

4. mdsx1950

mdsx1950 New Member

Thanks Received:
    One reason the game was boring was that the African map was insanely huge. It was so boring to drive from one corner to another. And i was hoping for a island or something like the first one.

5. mdsx1950

mdsx1950 New Member

Thanks Received:
    And of course if the game is based in Africa theres a chance the player will be having Malaria :banghead:

6. Marineborn

Marineborn New Member

Thanks Received:
    *sigh* ya, i have to drive 3 hrs across africa to kill a man and of course the other mission is exactly as far as possible it could be away from where i am...and for no reason everyone in africa hates me without reason, and apparently they have a abudance of people that watch the control points...*sigh* hopefully they learned from there last game

7. Lionheart

Lionheart

Thanks Received:
    LMAO everyones saying What Im thinking about the game lol. The game lacked story, interesting characters, the scenery was beautifully done but i always felt I was completely alone in the game, I felt unimportant and when I got that feeling I lost the motivation to play it.

Soylent Joe says thanks.
  8. mdsx1950

mdsx1950 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah. I never finished the game. It was too boring. But i hope the 3rd one is more interesting. I hope the makers dont make the game just like the 2nd because Far Cry 2 got a 9.2 rating.:ohwell:

Yeah +1 for that.

Lionheart says thanks.
  9. JTS

JTS New Member

Thanks Received:
    ^^This.

Far Cry 2 had such potential but the overall chore factor negated any real 'fun' this title had. It felt like it was little more than an engine with 'some gameplay' tacked on.

But considering Ubisoft are more in the 'update existing game a bit and call it new', I'm not expecting much difference to FC2 TBH.

I'd be happy to be proved wrong with this though.

At the very least, add some bloody lions and giraffes or maybe a monkey or two :p

10. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    Lets hope this one is good.

11. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    I HATED the fact that EVERY person you met on the road had a bad case of road rage with weapons and they tried to kill you! I finished the game but it wassnt a great game AT ALL

Crunching for Team TPU
  12. d3fct

d3fct

Thanks Received:
    i hope the ai in the next one doesnt spawn after you leave the village, it seemed no matter how many ppl you killed if u turned your back or went the wrong way and had to turn around the whole village would be alive again. that was pretty gay, plus the story kinda sucked... the ending was uber gay, glad i didnt buy it, lol. lets hope number 3 makes up for 2's shotty gameplay.

13. shevanel

shevanel New Member

Thanks Received:
    well if theyre just tweaking the Dunia engine then maybe this time that will leave more time for a decent story/gameplay. FC2 looks great and has potential to be molded into something a little better in FC3.

14. PP Mguire

PP Mguire New Member

Thanks Received:
    Lets see some DX11 FPS action that dosent lag out your pc like were sure Crysis 2 will do.

Oh and for gods sake make a GOOD game.

15. KainXS

KainXS

Thanks Received:
    not like it can be worst than FarCry 2?

16. shevanel

shevanel New Member

Thanks Received:
    If it's going to be in africa I think they should have more animals in the game.. why I don't know.

Turok DX11 watch

17. Whilhelm

Whilhelm New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well since the first one seemed to get rave reviews from all the media I doubt Ubisoft will change anything. I am sure we will just get more of the same pointless drivel. For those who didn't finish the FC2, don't bother as it had one of the worst endings ever.

18. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    +1. We need Lions, elephants and giraffes. Rabid hyeinas that attack you, stuff like that.

19. DrPepper

DrPepper The Doctor is in the house

Thanks Received:
    I hope they get rid of the stop and repair your goddamn car every three seconds attitude. The engine was awesome 10/10 but the gameplay 3/10.

20. shevanel

shevanel New Member

Thanks Received:
    yeah would be bad ass if youre riding along and a patrol comes up.. everyone exits the vehicles and a fire fight begins.. out of no where a lion pack emerges and mauls some unlucky fella to the side..

21. 3dsage

3dsage New Member

Thanks Received:
    :laugh:
    That would be awesome.

I agree with you all, I stopped playing after 2hours. I knew from the intro ride in the begining ,when i couldnt ESC out of that ride:wtf: that I wasnt going to play this for to much longer

22. RaPiDo987

RaPiDo987 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I saw the FarCry movie on netflix.... It was worse than the street fighter movie... I'll take that back, they both suck at the same level...

23. Hunt3r

Hunt3r

Thanks Received:
    oh my god..it will be better than before
    ;)

24. @RaXxaa@ New Member

Thanks Received:
    Sorta improved AI would work, and guns rusting out, its not like iam shooting with my gun in sea water something :p and better handling, and more realistic.

25. 99vw New Member

Thanks Received:
    One of my biggest problems is that it didn't have any thing to do with the first farcry other than killing mercenaries in a jungle. Also, as some of you guys mentioned the guards would respawn way too soon. However, I do belive that the Dunia engine is a great engine with major potential.