1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

FarCry 3 PC System Requirements Released, Always-Online DRM Scrapped for Campaign

Discussion in 'News' started by btarunr, Sep 26, 2012.

1. joyman

joyman

Thanks Received:
    I cannot agree with you on this. With the fact that AMD will dominate in the next console generation - almost in all brands it is not suicidal, but in fact very smart move. Porting to PC will become very easy and straightforward.
    NeoXF says thanks.
  2. NeoXF

Thanks Received:
    CryTek made that one... they have no business between each other (the games). They are both fun, in some way or another tho. Hopefully FC3 is too.
    mediasorcerer says thanks.
  3. Bjorn_Of_Iceland

Bjorn_Of_Iceland

Thanks Received:
    Nailed it. Man I wish I had a streamline process to convert thoughts to literal words XD
  4. xenocide

xenocide

Thanks Received:
    What do you mean AMD will dominate the next console generation? It has been well known that at least the Wii U and Durango will use IBM PowerPC-based CPU's, Sony is more than likely going to follow. I think all consoles will use IBM CPU's with AMD GPU's, and if you're referring to GPU's that's a completely different ball game.
  5. 3870x2

3870x2

Thanks Received:
    Turn AA off and you could smash High-Performance with much, much less.

It seems alot of people don't realize how much of a detriment AA has, with very little return (unless your obsessive compulsiveness hates jaggies :D)

Maybe I just mess around with graphics settings more than most.

You would be surprised what your hardware can run with the right amount of tweaking.

There are games that double FPS by turning off particle effects, or lowering lighting or shadows.
  6. AphexDreamer

AphexDreamer

Thanks Received:
    For them to list the FX-4150 next to the 2600 has me thinking maybe the figured out how to make the most out of an FX chip?

Also that screenshot does not impress me...
  7. NeoXF

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, AA in Battlefield 3 is probably the best example, drops FPS by like 25-50% yet give virtually no improvement (Hell, FXAA Very High does waaay more than it, and costs what? 1-2% FPS drop?).

Then again, I always tests my games to Hell and back (even if I can run them maxed 60/120fps+)... so that's not a "issue" for me.

Also, there's framerate killers bigger than SGSS-AA out there... that don't justify the high performance cost drop either... like "Uber-sampling" in The Witcher 2 (shitty engine to begin with) or Advanced Depth Of Field in Metro 2033 (meh engine)... or the classic... soft shadows in FEAR.
  8. Super XP

Super XP

Thanks Received:
    The 2600 is Intel users requirements and the FX is for AMD users. The FX 4170 may not be the fastest, but it WILL play any game you throw at it.
  9. Ubuntusario

Thanks Received:
    is there a far cry 3 demo I can't find it on gamer's hell.
  10. xenocide

xenocide

Thanks Received:
    That's not the argument, the argument is that the i7-2600k is leaps and bounds ahead of the FX-4xxx line in terms of performance. An FX-4170 will technically play any game you throw at it, but saying an i7-2600k is its performance equivalent is a flat out falsehood. In most situations the i3-2120 outperforms the FX-4xxx CPU's, and in every instance an i5-2(3/4/5)xx will crush it.