1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

faulty laptop lcd connector

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by regan1985, Jun 21, 2007.

1. regan1985 New Member

Thanks Received:
    i have been playing arround with a laptop i got for free and what i thought was a faulty motehrboard turns out it isnt! i dont know why but i never tried the external display and guess what it works on my monitor, but the laptops lcd doesnt, it turns on but nothing displays on the screen!!

could this be a faulty cable and if so are they hard to replace or is there more change the lcd has gone bad?

btw is a samsung v20
  2. CH@NO

CH@NO New Member

Thanks Received:
    If the screen works fine before then maybe It was damaged, I think your issue cannot be fixed online, you may wanna send it with an authorized support center and know the real reason.

Sorry man, I cannot go any further, hope you can fix your LCD.
  3. regan1985 New Member

Thanks Received:
    i have been googleing for days and a common fault is the ribbon loosing connection between the mobtherboards inbuilt graphics card and the lcd display, some times it flickers some times it just powers on with nothin on the screen! just what i have so im off to buy a new ribbon for 35 and maybe some more ram