1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Favourite map/level/area in a game

Discussion in 'Games' started by KieranD, Dec 12, 2008.

1. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    Mention your favourites, lets say keep it to 4 maps/levels/area so it dosnt get to out of hand or too large a post. Can be from any console or pc game or handheld game inc mobile games.

My favourite is Mortal Kombat the level where you fight on a platform type bridge, the moon is the background, you can fatality the player off the bridge to the ground which is just full of spikes.

Office Complex Half Life 1.

Super Mario Kart Rainbow Road, epilepsy need i say more?

Medal of honour Allied Assault the D Day level/beach assault.
  2. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I thought one of the best scenes done in a game was at the end of HL2 Episode 2. Visually it got it's point across and the voice acting doesn't get any better. Very emotional. Listen to the commentary from the voice actress who plays Alex in that scene.
    Whilhelm and KieranD say thanks.
  3. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    i thought it was good but it left us hanging, damn i hate dramatic suspense oh cliffhangers i hate them!

theres other maps i could mention for example unreal tournament had good maps and we cant forget office in CS:S
  4. farlex85

farlex85 New Member

Thanks Received:
    That entire final part of that game was incredible, for me very far above the rest of the HL2 experience so far. A very intense challenging open world battle w/ those huge robots, then the sigh of relief and an excellent final scene. Really that last half hour made me a fan of half life.
  5. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    No doubt. I remember one website doing a review on the virtual computers that were in the office! Asus mobos (mabye abit) Ati 9800's, awesome!
  6. Polarman

Polarman New Member

Thanks Received:
    Cruise Ship level in X-Com TFTD, Those we're the nastiest missions. Damn Tentaculats!

Freespace 2 Mission 36 - Into the Lion's Den. When you explore the 2nd Knossos device (Stargate) deap in Shivan territory.
  7. MadClown

MadClown New Member

Thanks Received:
    NY, the state were you cant defend yourself
    DE_Dust 2, Crossfire, Hang em High, BloodGultch
  8. Triprift

Triprift

Thanks Received:
    Karkland in Bf2 the best map in any fps ive played all the tanks and vehicles just fullon mayhem :p
  9. Nick259

Nick259

Thanks Received:
    I liked the last level in crysis, probalby because I like walking about in such a realistic environment with everybody doing their jobs and when you pass guards they say random things to you. I also liked the bit in quake 4 where you enter the ship and make your way to the briefing room, when you pass guards they are like " my god, I thought you were a myth to scare the recruits!". In the same way Half life 2: Episode 2 chaper 7 when you finally reach the base in the woods and you meet magnison and all the others. On the way there you walk up to random people and they say "Dr Freeman, it's a honour to meet you" and things like that, for some reason I like it.
  10. AphexDreamer

AphexDreamer

Thanks Received:
    Pretty much every map in Left 4 Dead lol or I guess more Specficaly The Apartments. I just love the lighting and details of all the maps.

Here are some Screenies I made.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also Oblivion, but thats like one Giant map, unless you say a specific place like IONO Anvil Dock With the sun just setting right.
  11. Ongaku New Member

Thanks Received:
    My favourite place in Oblivion is right outside of the Imperial City heading up The Silver Road to Bruma...there's beautiful waterfall there :) and right in the heart of County Skingrad there's a area where I'd love to make a house...and Dive Rock is cool when the sky is clear :D

in terms of FPS games...cp_dustbowl in TF2 is my favourite...haven't played that in months.