1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

fedora 11

Discussion in 'Linux / BSD / Mac OS X' started by Easy Rhino, Jun 13, 2009.

1. Easy Rhino

Easy Rhino Linux Advocate

Thanks Received:
    im installing it now. i was just gonna to an upgrade from 10 but everyone seems to recommend a clean install for this one. kinda sucks i have to go back and reinstall everything.
  2. Easy Rhino

Thanks Received:
    fedora 11 is quite fast. i definately see boot time improvements and app launch improvements. you guys gotta give it a try. this is definately an upgrade from FC10 and blows the crap outta ubuntu 9.
  3. Polaris573

Polaris573 Senior Moderator

Thanks Received:
    I think a clean install is recommended so you can take advantage of the ext4 file system. That is why I did a clean install from Fedora 10 instead of an upgrade.

I'm having a lot of trouble with firefox 3.5 beta crashing has that happened to you? I'm thinking about rolling back to the current stable version if it will work with the new kernel, and I don't see why it wouldn't. I don't know why they would include a beta version of firefox in the release.

Also can't get my ATI drivers to work for my 4850, apparently they won't work with the new kernel, which is a temporary bummer.
  4. Easy Rhino

Thanks Received:
    so far firefox has not crashed on me :confused: my nvidia drivers work fine with rpmfusion installed so no issues there. but for some reason rythmbox wont play music if i have the crossfade option clicked. it must be some sort of audio problem. btw, i hate amarok2 and i want amarok1.4 back!!!!
  5. Polaris573

Polaris573 Senior Moderator

Thanks Received:
    Apparently it has something to do with flash, firefox, and some corrupt library. So if you don't have adobe flash installed firefox won't crash.
  6. Studabaker

Studabaker New Member

Thanks Received:
    ext4? boy im out of touch.
  7. Easy Rhino

Thanks Received:
    i have the 32bit plugin working fine via the ndiswrapper.