1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Fellow geeks, don't suffer alone! Tell us about your etailer nightmares.

Discussion in 'General Nonsense' started by Ketxxx, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    This is a thread I'm making based on a convo me and KieranD were having about terrible etailers. One that arose (unsurprisingly) was OCuk. Their fast enough to take your money and send your goods out, BUT, get a DOA product that OCuk are legally obligated to take and replace and you are greeted with "theres nothing wrong with it" (BS) , they simply won't take it back, or never respond to emails / phonecalls, and of course, its NEVER their fault :rolleyes:

Basically what we were saying is why don't manufacturers blacklist terrible etailers like this? On the grand scale of things decent, genuine etailers would far outweigh bad etailers. So we decided to make this thread where people could share their tales of woe and warn others of awful etailers, while at the same time we could try and help people get their problems sorted :toast: Finally, depending how many people post in this thread, sooner or later bad etailers will notice and will be forced to buck their ideas up. Who knows, maybe we could even get some manufacturers onboard with the blacklisting idea :pimp:

As more bad etailers are exposed the list will be updated

The Blacklist

3x OCuk - Oh dear.. :shadedshu
    The Reason: Bad, no, abysmal, customer service and RMA procedures

Eclipsecomputers
    The Reason: Dellboy of the internet?

Extreme-pc
    The Reason: Awkward bastards

Gamestop
    The Reason: Trying to rip customers off with jacked up prices

Last edited: Mar 18, 2009
    ace80 and DrPepper say thanks.
  2. rick22

rick22 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Have never had a problem like that..sometimes when i order from a company i get 2 items when i payed for only 1..lol ......N____g

3. EviLZeD

EviLZeD New Member

Thanks Received:
    I ordered most of my parts from ocuk this was before i found out they charged £10 or something like that if they find anything not faulty that you returned and then want you to pay return shipping etc i rma'ed with ebuyer it was pretty much flawless.

4. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    I bet there are a lot of e-tail nightmares on TPU!

I think the one we were discussing was when amazon decided to delay my board for no reason for a month, i complained and they appologised and upgraded me to first class! lucky for them i bloody liked the price of the board and decided to keep my order.

Moral is they can get away with anything, they decide to delay a board its okay because its an estimate delivery date, even with next day shipping!

Also a local retailer sold me a faulty psu and would not take it back stating i blew it up, it was my fault. Since then i only order online never in my town! i guess creative computing is okay but man its dear.

avoid this place http://www.eclipsecomputers.com/product.aspx?code=KEO-ELIXIR&af=50
    they decided to keep my keyboard for 2 weeks for no reason untill i asked them what was up with it reply they forgot to post it WTF?

avoid OCuk too
    some guy on ebay i bought a drive from said it was my fault it was broke it so i kicked up a fuss and voila he gave me a free upgrade to a samsung F1 and a full refund, turns out he was gonna just rma and sell it again, he was trying to use the old data loss line that he isnt responsible for data loss thats why he couldnt take it back but offerd an rma then offerd the free drive and refund :cool:

5. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    pc world dont like refunding customers, i got a refurb from them and they said it was my fault, i said no it was like that already you idiots

never buy refurbs even if you think it will work out cheaper than a new build

this was back in the AMD 64 era was a 3200+ i think anyway i ended up getting my 3500+ instead when i got my cash back

6. Paulieg

Paulieg The Mad Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I may have one to report, depending on how things go with a recent RMA that I had to fight for. Keep an eye out for it....

7. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    We are here to help anyway we can. We will stand and fight by your side if needed!

Paulieg says thanks.
  8. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    Most of the time ive sent an email or called them, like i said to ket usually i get it sorted out but thats sometimes after a long go at them! Longest ive had was a month, got a nintendo ds at release ordered it they said it wasnt on the database after i waited for delivery so we had to go up to the shop and argue for an hour. Eventually i got a returned ds because they were out of stock so they said. Even the week of delivery i saw some Argos trucks go by my house i was like yas here it is nope it was missing from the database apparently. Also they had a deal on for xbox 360s but it expired but i had already orderd it but my order changed to the version without the deal so i had to fight to cancel it. Last time i use Argos!

Luckily i keep the confirmation emails in a folder on my client.

i know its not tech but i ordered a t shirt and ended up getting 2 different ones so i said they were wrong and they gave me 2 more different ones, so to spite them i just kept the 4 and never returned them, i didnt want them either but i was angry and decided better to keep them than go through the hassle

Paulieg hope it goes okay mate, id hate to RMA the gtx 260 i mean it never even belogned to paulieg in the first place and now i have it.

Paulieg says thanks.
  9. Polarman

Polarman New Member

Thanks Received:
    I blacklisted this one:

http://www.extreme-pc.ca/

Twice i made a purchase that they claimed was in stock (untrue) and at the same time paid extra for 2 day shipping and only got my stuff much much later (like 1-2 weeks).

Never again!

10. wayneferrell479 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have just started buying online so am yet to have a horror story. But this will help me keep away from some shonks. Thanks[​IMG]

11. ShadowFold

ShadowFold New Member

Thanks Received:
    Stay away from gamestop. Their stuff is so overpriced :shadedshu They still list Oblivion for 50$ even tho the collectors edition is 30$....

12. Morrison5891

Morrison5891 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I've been shopping online for many years and have never had any problems. I guess this is mainly because I research the company or person I'm buying from online.

A good place to start would be http://www.ripoffreport.com

Also just Google the company or the person's name or the person's phone number. This has worked out very well for me.

13. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    Updated list. Hopefully I won't have a horror story on Friday when my 4GB HyperX turns up (its coming Royal Mail.... which anybody in the UK knows to stay well away from if you possibly can..)

14. crtecha

crtecha New Member

Thanks Received:
    I buy everything from best buy because I trust the geek squad and I love the 200% mark up :roll: I only order from Newegg and tigerdirect depending on whos cheaper. Sucks to hear you had such misfortunes.

15. kyle2020 Guest

I ordered a bigwater kit (yes, I know) off Ginger6 and paid for next day delivery - 2 weeks later when Im red in the face and ringing them up constantly, they discover that my order "hadnt been processed" and they wanted to know if I still wanted it doing :wtf:

You can guess what I said - amongst the fruity words I asked nicely for a full refund. That took 3 days alone.

16. lemonadesoda

lemonadesoda

Thanks Received:
    I ordered and paid 4x FB-DIMMs (special LV editions) for my workstation quad-channel setup. They deliver 1 and say they dont have any more.

Completely useless delivery. Can't mix and match different FB-DIMMs in a quad channel setup. They should have send nothing. Apologied, and returned the money.

17. Paulieg

Paulieg The Mad Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Well, I had to fight for an RMA with xpcgear.com on my Blood Rage that showed up with bent pins. Eventually, after taking several pictures, xpcgear said that they talked Foxconn into accepting the RMA. I've sent the RMA in, though xpcgear refuses to cross ship another board, since they said that Foxconn wants to look at it first, despite the fact that they already saw pictures, and accepted the RMA. They should receive the board on Monday, and I should know something on Tuesday. I'm hoping xpcgear and Foxconn will take care of it, but we'll see.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2009
  18. MRCL

MRCL

Thanks Received:
    Hmm although it would concern only a very minor amount of TPU users, I wouldn't advise to shop from Conrad. I bought an Accelero cooler from them. They delivered it in a HUGE package, with no foam whatsoever, and the Accelero just bouncing freely in it. I didn't complain tho, I could bend the bent fins back easily and it performs as it should, but I will never shop from them again and warn people about. Bad mouth to mouth hurts more than just a complaint.

19. InnocentCriminal

InnocentCriminal Resident Grammar Amender

Thanks Received:
    How am I not surprised OcUK are one of the main reasons behind this thread?

My issue was that I ordered my Viewsonic VX2025WM from them with next day delivery. It took almost 3 weeks for the bloody thing to arrive and boy was I pissed. Calling them didn't seem to help, they just blamed the courier, when in fact they hadn't even shipped it.

Once I got my product and I was enquiring about getting a refund on my next day delivery, they explained this wasn't possible and blocked my email address. I signed up to their forums and all my threads & posts were removed. The moderators had to explain that it's against the rules of the forums to bad mouth or enquire about refunds or the a-like.

I'm still angry at the fact they never once refunded me the delivery cost when I didn't receive that service.

I haven't used OcUK since I bought my monitor 3 years ago.

20. allen337

allen337

Thanks Received:
    Been doing business with zipzoomfly for years but 2/4/09 I ordered 3 500gb hitachi hdds (because newegg was out of stock) and recieved them on 02/07/09 with one dead, called on 02/07/09 for rma and got the runaround. Like Pay shipping back to us we will check it and get back to you in 7-10 days, we dont crossship. Finally I just purchaced another drive and posted my concerns on http://www.resellerratings.com/ . They called me the same day and wanted to refund the money for the hard drive, I shipped it back and today is 3/18/09 and still no refund. ALLEN

21. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    also just blacklist UK shop GAME for there extortion prices on games and consoles

amazon i wouldnt blacklist they did me a good service in the end and never kicked up a fuss but they did good on my 360 came on time and good

blacklist http://www.pcworld.co.uk coz its shit

22. Darknova

Darknova

Thanks Received:
    Scan.

Bastards have the worst RMA I've ever dealt with. I lost £20 because they didn't have the replacement card in stock and wouldn't let me pay an additional to get a better card. Instead they said I either had to wait for an exact replacement to come in (which they'd stopped stocking completely, so couldn't give an estimated time) or take another card of same or lower value.

I then bought a set of Creative speakers with a faulty volume control. RMA'd with them, they gave me a replacement, same issue. I told them how it was a common fault and there were lots of customer reviews of people with the same issue. I asked to take a lesser value set of 5.1 Logitech's because I didn't want to have to come back AGAIN with another faulty product.
    They refused and they are still listing said speakers on their website.

As great as Scan's prices are, and that they are rather close to me, I will never RMA with them again. Only with the manufacturer.

23. DrPepper

DrPepper The Doctor is in the house

Thanks Received:
    As ketxxx knows OCUK refused to replace a damaged P5Q Deluxe that had faulty PCI-E slots stating I had bent the pins on the LGA. Also OCUK don't send for collection like ebuyer and they charge you if they send the faulty item back.

24. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    Updated list. One-off bad experiences from otherwise good etailers will not be added to the list, only if their names keep coming up from other people will they be added to the blacklist.

25. DrPepper

DrPepper The Doctor is in the house

Thanks Received:
    Just waiting to hear if OCUK will decline my gpu. Which they probably will.