1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

FFoX 9.0.1 problem

Discussion in 'General Software' started by psyko12, Jan 15, 2012.

1. psyko12

psyko12

Thanks Received:
    Is it just me or kotaku.com on ffox 9.0.1 is displayed wrong. Seems the side articles are loaded but not the middle, main article loads. Just noticed this now, cause haven't really been visiting kotaku.com that much...

Have tried reinstall after uninstall, ccleaner, reboot. Same thing. But tried on IE9 it displays properly.:banghead:

EDIT: Tried on a different machine with older ffox 9.0.1 install, same thing. Maybe connectivity problem but IDK why it works well on IE9 ... anyway thanks for your time. (Wanted to delete my post but cannot find the delete thing when clicking on the "EDIT" icon).

Cheers
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2012
  2. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    It is Firefox's core that is doing this. To be blunt no browser perfect reproduces websites as there are so many different coding protocols, and at least 4 major web browser engines that interpret that information.

While Firefox's Gecko engine is simply reading some of the code on the site incorrectly, Kotaku as a major site should ensure their pages are being displayed on every browser correctly. This can be achieved with additional code at the top of a HTML page to properly identify the browser being used and changing the namespace standards to match.

This is strange though as Firefox 9.0.1 is suppose to have a 100/100 in the Acid3 test. I believe there is a plugin for Firefox that will allow you to display websites you choice like IE. It may not be the best solution, but may help you.
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2012
    psyko12 says thanks.
  3. gvblake22

gvblake22

Thanks Received:
    IE Tab is the extension I've always used. You can set certain sites to always open in IE Tab by default.
    psyko12 and TheLaughingMan say thanks.
  4. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    Checked in three different browsers (Firefox 9.0.1, Chrome 16.0.9, IE 9.0.8) and Kotaku all looks the same.

EDIT:
    [​IMG]
    Firefox on the left, IE on the right.
    psyko12 says thanks.
  5. psyko12

psyko12

Thanks Received:
    @All , thanks could be my isp effing me... Gonna try later when I get a hold of the wired interwebz.

And my friend confirmed also that it's working ok on his side :/.

Strange it's my ISP that's giving me the problem, but it's sorted now. Thank you guys.
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2012