1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Fifa 12 demo (PC)

Discussion in 'Games' started by animal007uk, Sep 17, 2011.

1. animal007uk

Thanks Received:
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2011
  2. blue.dot

blue.dot New Member

Thanks Received:
    Still not fixed?
    Already four days passed and nothing?

3. LifeOnMars

LifeOnMars New Member

Thanks Received:
    By the game or the problems?

I've been playing it non stop on an xbox 360 controller, 16xAF 8xAA butter smooth and the gameplay this year is immense. Are you having problems with the demos performance, if so, perhaps I can help mate.

4. animal007uk

Thanks Received:
    No im not having problems im just pissed at how they expect people to edit the registry or go out and buy new pads. I do not like xbox pads they hurt my hands and i hate the button layout. Im used to my PS2 pads and converter and they have always worked good for years and years and i just don't need to replace something that aint broke just to play a game.

Cheers for the offer of help tho.

LifeOnMars says thanks.
  5. MatTheCat New Member

Thanks Received:
    I dont know what it is about the football games on PC's with good graphics cards (i.e. any decent card released within the past 4 years) but I had to piss around with both RadeonPro settings and editing CCC profile files in order to kill 'Powerplay' before I could get FIFA 12 demo running slippery smooth (and it is the same hassles with PES 2012).

Having said that, now that FIFA 12 is running smooth as butter on my system, it is without a doubt the most stunning looking football game I have ever seen, with fantastic animations and collisions physics (albeit often not very realistic/probable). On the one hand it is a work of art, but on the other hand it suffers from the same old FIFA bug of playing a brilliant game of football in midfield, but falling flat on its face in the final third of the field. i.e. the shooting mechanics are a big let down once again.

In comparison, PES 2012 looks like turd, but with the new ability of being able to simulataneoulsy pick out and control an off the ball player, a game feature which adds a whole new dimension to the gameplay, in addition to the attacking and shooting mechanics in PES 2012 being even better than its already top notch previous standard, Pro Evo offers the far more creative, fluid, and exciting video footie sim for this year.

I still expect FIFA to gain all the critical acclaim and PES to be institutionaly slated but from my point of view, only a f-kn idiot retard could possibly claim that FIFA is a better game than Pro Evo this year.....of course, that isn't taking into consideration the online game which has been excellent in FIFA and atrocious in Pro Evo for years now.

6. animal007uk

Thanks Received:
    The last version i actualy enjoyed was fifa 2008 i even bought it but it now sits on the side gathering dust, Since then they have all been crap so i ended up buying PES 2011 and i enjoy it a lot more. Due to the pad issues i gave up trying Fifa 12, im not going to say its a bad game but inless they do something to fix the pad problem without people having to edit the registry or buy a new one then i will not touch it.

7. LifeOnMars

LifeOnMars New Member

Thanks Received:
    Mat, have you tried turning the shooting to manual. Shooting mechanics are spot on and yes, PES 2012 is turd.

8. Abe504

Abe504 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I've been using MotionJoy drivers and its worked fine with my ps3 controller

9. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    Such a fanboy saying its "turd". I'll admit i dont like playing FIFA but i dont think its horrible game in any sense. Online play is shit in PES because of the system they use which is basically the same problems every year but what makes the game is local multiplayer as in actually with another person next to you. I thought the character models looked good in PES this year again but FIFA improved a bit on everything just a notch but it takes away that plasticine look that 11 had where as PES is a bit of the same this year in the graphics department but i thought that was fine because they seem to have spent that time on improving the animation and AI and whole game experience.

10. LifeOnMars

LifeOnMars New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm no fanboy of either game but I am a fan of football, I have played PES when it was at it's peak, last generation, and consider it's modern incarnation as "turd" or rubbish imho. Even in comparison to it's PS1 days it just doesn't have the feel of football.

FIFA has continuously built on an engine that was created from the ground up for the "next generation" era. I thought FIFA 07 was turd, but from then on it has added, tweaked and taken on feedback from it's client base and that is a great thing.

My thoughts on the demo are that its the truest representation of the sport that I have ever seen in a videogame. I hope the final build/version when released at the end of the month retains the gameplay and extreme playability which has got me hooked in the demo.

11. MatTheCat New Member

Thanks Received:
    Here is a text file with this file you can play 6min game and on highest DIFFICULTY.

http://www.multiupload.com/K751LFKTRW

how to use:

copy the text file to -

Program Files\EA Sports\EA SPORTS FIFA 12 Demo\Game

( COPIED FROM OTHER FORUMS )

LifeOnMars says thanks.
  12. LifeOnMars

LifeOnMars New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeh I use the 10 min one but that's good to spread the word mate.

13. ShiBDiB

ShiBDiB

Thanks Received:
    On the PES note.. I honestly tried to enjoy the game last year, but fifa just absolutely shits on it in every category. PES is riding the "O but r gameplay is better" wave that is actually no longer true in most aspects.

LifeOnMars says thanks.
  14. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    Fifa 12 does not support generic joypads, WTF is that? tried the fix and now I get unhandled exception when attempting to start, EA can eat s**t and die

15. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Games not working with generic gamepads on a PC is definitely nothing new. Working good with an Xbox 360 controller for me. I'm actually considering buying this game, the demo is great. Best footbal game I've played since (I think) 08 on the Xbox.

LifeOnMars says thanks.
  16. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    I have never had an issue where a game would not start because of a "generic" gamepad, I really don't see what the problem is unless there is an actual technical reason that using a generic gamepad is harder to implement.

17. HossHuge

HossHuge

Thanks Received:
    I'm so pissed. You guys get new soccer games every year while the latest hockey game to come out for pc was NHL09..:cry:

18. MatTheCat New Member

Thanks Received:
    PES has been mediocre for years only ever making little ministeps forward in terms of the overall gameplay. But it isn't true that FIFA has shat upon PES in every category. Attacking in FIFA has always been a bit anti-climatic compared with the pinging volleys and 30 yard thunderbolt strikes of PES and this year is no different. From my experience, all but the most ardent FIFA fan boi will concede this.

I am very impressed with the FIFA demo and am finding myself totally loving the gameplay (for me, this is a first for any FIFA game), but yet again, the attacking/shooting is very lacklustre when compared with Pro Evo.

Unlike previous years, PES 2012 has been massively improved in all departments. The animations and collisions are every bit as slick as in at least FIFA 11; the AI has been massively improved with CPU controlled players making all sorts of intelligent runs.; and the attacking/shooting is still f-kn incredible, but with even more naunces of control. Best of all though is the fact that in PES you now have the ability to take full control of a teammate and run him around whereever you want (with right stick) in order to create space, drag defenders away etc. Aside from opening up a whole new world of gameplay possibilites, this is also offering the gamer a completely new challenge that I dont believe has been done before. Namely, the challenge of being able to control two seperate entities in real time and have them perform contrasting actions. Takes a bit of getting used to but is a real buzz when u start pulling it off.

For the first time ever, I think I am going to actually thoroughly enjoy playing FIFA but for all its stunning silky looks and lovely gameplay features, PES 2012 offers a much more intense, fluid and exciting game of football. Having played lots of both demos, I really struggle to see how anyone could refute this.

19. animal007uk

Thanks Received:
    Genric pads means things like my PS2 pad and converter and although i fixed it so the game loaded i could not set my buttons how i wanted, All buttons work in game yet when i try to manualy set them it wont register square and X.

I have decided im going to try xinput to see if that makes the game think im using an xbox pad.

20. ShiBDiB

ShiBDiB

Thanks Received:
    hmm, the graphics looked smudgy to me.. might just be the demo

21. animal007uk

Thanks Received:
    Can't say i have payed much attection to anything yet, I will fire it up and let you know what i think bout the graphics.

22. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Anyone buying this? I really want to play online.

23. animal007uk

Thanks Received:
    I might buy it if i can get it working how i want to, I realy do not want to buy new pads as mine work fine with 99% of games. Im sure i will work it out in the end.

I will keep you updated.

24. MatTheCat New Member

Thanks Received:
    If you have a decent gaming PC with parts purchased within the past 5 years, then both FIFA and PES will give rotten 'out of the box' performance.

PC football game fans have to put with this sh1t every year and I find it unbelievable that neither EA nor Konami are unable to address this, instead having end users relying on thrid party freeware tweaking programs.

What is required is to piss around with your driver settings (using RadeonPro if using ATI cards) in order to get the game running smooth. FIFA 12 was horrible for me too until I made the necessary tweaks via RadeonPro (google RadeonPro FIFA 11 tutorial and apply the same adjustments).

Might also be necessary to kill your GFX cards 2D clock switching function for these low demand games as well.

25. ShiBDiB

ShiBDiB

Thanks Received:
    Huh?

Game runs smooth as silk, so did 11.. like I said.. the graphics look smudgey not laggy