1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

FileZilla freezing

Discussion in 'General Software' started by CarolinaKSU, Nov 8, 2008.

1. CarolinaKSU New Member

Thanks Received:
    So I am transferring a large file via FilaZilla and left my rig alone while i was at work. I keep coming back and seeing it has locked up. My pc is completely stable while just idling, what could possibly causing it to only do this while FileZilla is running for extended periods? I was under the impression that this is what its supposed to do, run for a long time to transfer large files.. very annoying ugh. :banghead:

2. WarEagleAU

WarEagleAU Bird of Prey

Thanks Received:
    You may have to check or uncheck a box in the settings to allow it to continue transferring after a certain period of time. I know most programs usually will time out after a certain amount of time by default. I hope that helps.

3. panchoman

panchoman Sold my stars!

Thanks Received:
    its only when your client stays connected but doesn't send commands. his rig locked up while transfering a big file.

4. CarolinaKSU New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah I found that setting and bumped it up to a little longer than the default 5 seconds. It hasnt frozen yet, but I have also not let it get idle either. This is just so weird and frustrating.. I just want my linux iso!