1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Final Fantasy 7

Discussion in 'Games' started by hat, Jul 31, 2009.

1. hat

hat Maximum Overclocker

Thanks Received:
    Well... I am pretty big on Final Fantasy 7, and I grew up on the PSX version, so I was dissapointed with the PC version (crappy compared to the PSX version). The sound sucked, the graphics sucked.... it sucked. The only cool thing was that I could use character editors and such to hack into saved games and have level 99, Master Magic/Command/Summon materia, L4 limit breaks and... anything else I wanted, heh. But it wasn't enough to make up for the shitty MIDI sounds (the graphics I can deal with, although, they WERE a lot better on the PSX...)

So are there any mods for the game, like PSX sound replacements... graphics enhancements... ?? Or am I better off using an emulator and trying my luck w/ character editors that way? Or, is there nothing I can do other than suck it up and accept that I'll never be able to kill Guard Scorpion with W-Summon Knights of the Round without surcumbing to the disgrace the MIDI files bring upon the game?

Crunching for Team TPU
  2. stuartb04

stuartb04

Thanks Received:
  3. Dippyskoodlez

Thanks Received:
    I would suggest ePSXe if you own the original game.. and a PSX... ;)

4. paulo7 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I loved this game might have to get my playstation out of the closet! I imagine it might get old doing the editing quikly though like oblivion if you cheat no sense of achievement..

5. zithe

zithe

Thanks Received:
    That's going to be pretty hard. No one in america has a one unless they imported it!

http://interactive.usc.edu/archives/Sony-PSX.jpg

Nyuck nyuck...

If you can get ahold of a Yamaha XG Softsynthesizer you should have pretty accurate sounds in the game. My patch came with a PSR-1500, but I'm sure you can find it through other means.

6. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    I've finished FF 7 to 9 using my PS cd's and playing them through ePSXe. The experience was better IMO.

7. 3870x2

3870x2

Thanks Received:
    actually with the right midi devices, the sound is actually much better. Also, there is a FF7 ultimate or w/e that changes things. I play mine at 1920x1200.

8. IINexusII

IINexusII

Thanks Received:
    yay some other people who have ff7 :D

i must have completed the game like 5 times now. once on the PC. on windows 7 though the windowed exe seems to crash. only fullscreen works. i played it on my laptop, which had good midi sound so it was almost like ps1 on there :D

i didnt bother trying the high resolution exe ill give that a go now :)

9. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    I hate Final Fantasy. Not my type of game.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2009
  10. hat

hat Maximum Overclocker

Thanks Received:
    I found a Final Fantasy 7 forum in the midst of the giant Neoseeker forums, and it is still quite active. New posts everyday. They answered my questions and pointed me to the things I need.

Crunching for Team TPU
  11. Kusimeka

Kusimeka

Thanks Received:
    Is there seriously a forum devoted to just Final Fantasy 7? or is it a FF forum in general?