1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Firefall

Discussion in 'Games' started by FordGT90Concept, Jun 12, 2013.

1. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    http://www.firefallthegame.com/

Send me a PM with your character name if you want to be invited to the TechPowerUp army.

It's an MMO open world FPS.
    The primary goal in the game is to unlock as many tier 2 battleframes as you can. They all cost 10 pilot tokens. To get pilot tokens, you have to upgrade your existing frames. All frame upgrades cost XP (XP is not shared among frames--it has to be earned while using it) and crystite. You may want to hold off on this if you're aiming to buy beta crystite stuff mentioned above. The fastest way to get pilot tokens is to upgrade the white parts (1-5 on Mass, CPU, and Power) of the tier 1 battlefarmes (recon, dreadnaught, assault, bio, and engineer). Doing so would get you 15 tokens. The costs grow exponentially so the higher you get, the more expensive it gets.

If you need crystite badly, refined resources can be converted to crystite at a ratio of 2 resources to 1 crystite at a printer.
    1. Activate SIN network. This gives you awareness of what is going on around the world.
    2. Invasion of (settlement). This gets you lots of XP, ~2000 crystite, and >8000 of three or four random resource types.
    3. Increasing settlement power levels. Every resonator you put into it gets you 1000 XP on the equipped frame. It adds up fast. Power level increases 20 for every resonator you put in. Aim to fill the meter by less than 20. (e.g. 1005/1024, put in just 1; it will push it up to the next power level and it will then start off with 512). Power levels above 3 don't exist so don't waste your resources on that.
    4. Activate base defense around settlements. They not only help defend it but also give about 500 XP each.
    5. Melding Tornado. They reward massive XP (3,500 per big shard, 7,500 per tiny shard, and 15,000 for participating).
    6. LGV Races. See "Race Paths" below. Each rewards about ~100 crystite and ~200 resources when being Mustang's time.
    7. ARES missions. Do these if they're close. Note on the map if it is for groups and how high the "stage" level is. Soloing a stage 1, non group mission can be a challenge with stock equipment. Group basically means there's a lot more enemies. The stage means how difficult each individual enemy is.
    8. Crashed thumper. The key to this is to be quick. This is best done with two or more people to get a tier 1 reward. Just remember to shoot and scoot. Don't stop for anything, just grab the part and run back.
    9. Crashed LGV. If you don't have an LGV, they can give you a one-use "Damaged Courier LGV." It does not stay in your save but it might be a good thing to have in your inventory, for example, to get to a invasion.
    10. Thump.
      • Always try to make sure to get 100% full because then you get the double resource bonus. Because of that, it is better to use an easy thumper and get 100% than a hard thumper and get 90%.
      • Never let them blow up your thumper. Even a 100% full thumper is still worth a lot less than the thumper itself.
      • I usually try to find places to thump based on the least amount of sifted earth. Quantity is usually better than quality, especially if you're trying to upgrade frames.
      • You can use the map to find what resources are available where. Use it if you're looking for something specific.
      • Always check if the resources are still present before calling in another thumper. There's no sense in thumping just sifted earth.
    11. Kill/push back Chosen. You'll notice they attack in waves. If they're close, you might as well do it. If you're not, someone will probably get to them before you do so don't go out of your way to fight them.
    1. Research if you need to. For example, you'll likely find Refining Process IV very useful in the long term. Research requires a little crystite and a lot of time. Plan accordingly.
    2. Consumables if you need them. Especially sonic detonators.
    3. Refine resources. Raw resources are useless.
    4. DNA/technology. It opens up other stuff to print if you need it in the future.
    5. Thumpers. Personal thumpers have a single pool of resources and that pool is split evenly across everyone in your squad (e.g. 3 players = 33% each). Squad thumpers have a pool per player so everyone gets their share of the resources but they spawn craploads of mobs.
    6. Battleframe upgrades. I highly don't recommend this right now. The upgrades are weak and they all have a reparability stat. If it falls to zero (decreases when you die), the upgrade is useless. Resources are better spent elsewhere currently.
    • Assault: Tigerclaw (area of effect - repulsive)
    • Biotech: Recluse (area of effect - poison)
    • Dreadnaught: Mammoth (powerful minigun and health)
    • Engineer: Bastion (multi-turret + heavy turrets + repair alt fire)
    • Recon: Nighthawk (powerful sniper)
    All of these routes can beat Mustang's time. White line is the easiest route to follow (minimal off-roading). Yellow line will work but is slower. Green line is a shortcut (if you miss it, no biggy). Orange line is air-time following a jump.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I started playing the game just to use the printer and found myself in the middle of an "Invasion of Thump Dump" mission. I snapped these pics afterwards:
    [​IMG]
    Note how many players are on the minimap.

Not long after taking that first picture, a party started next to the printer:
    [​IMG]
    Upgrading frames is on a near-exponential curve. This is why, if the goal is to get Pilot Tokens, it is best to spread upgrades across many frames rather than piling them all into one. I attached the document used to create this chart so you can view the raw numbers:
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 31, 2013
    Crunching for Team TPU
  2. Conti027

Conti027

Thanks Received:
    Played it a while back and it was fun but their first milestone patch killed it. Haven't play since so I don't know if went back to being good.
  3. james888

james888

Thanks Received:
    I played it awhile back when it was pretty much pvp and no pve. I decided it had not developed enough for me to want to play quite yet. Maybe I should install it again.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  4. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    It's mostly PVE now. I can't comment on how it was in the past but I like it now. It still needs expanding and some refinement but it's fun.
    stinger608 and james888 say thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  5. james888

james888

Thanks Received:
    When I got in it was only a few months after they launched the closed beta. They were mainly testing PVP at the time. We were limited to only a very small area around some base. Some Spanish, reminiscent of Brazil, named base but I don't remember what. PvE and the dynamic events are what made me want to play the game in the first place. I will definitely check it out.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  6. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    Copacabana? That's still the main settlement. It's the first place you end up after the tutorial. There is now four large settlements including Copa: Thump Dump to the north, Trans Hub to the west, and Sunken Harbor to the south.
    james888 says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  7. Jack1n

Thanks Received:
    I played it ages ago and the only thing there was to do is to mine all day.
  8. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    There's still that but there's also ARES missions (disarm bombs, destroy nests/teleporters, kill leveled bandits, etc.), Chosen events (Invasion of Sunken Harbor/Trans Hub/Thump Dump, defend/takeback SIN networks and watchtowers, Incursions, dropships, etc.), Melding Tornadoes (huge XP), and random events like crashed thumpers and crashed LGVs.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  9. james888

james888

Thanks Received:
    Yes. That was it.

Ooh sounds fun now for sure.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  10. ShiBDiB

ShiBDiB

Thanks Received:
    FordGT90Concept says thanks.
  11. james888

james888

Thanks Received:
    I just got around to downloading the game. I know open beta is right around the corner. I have two invites though if anyone wants in sooner.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  12. ShiBDiB

ShiBDiB

Thanks Received:
    I gave it a go... and I get that it's supposed to be open world but the whole 0 guidance after the initial 5 minutes left me with a "I have no idea what I should be doing right now" feeling... which is not fun
  13. OnePostWonder

Thanks Received:
    How do you mean? Just to see how this game mechanic worked?
  14. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    No, the printer is real time based. If something takes 4 hours to do, it literally takes four hours to do (you don't have to be in the game for it to progress). I logged in at that time to collect what was previously printing and start new print jobs (like refining raw resources).

Same. My best advice is to ask in the chat. Everyone either has been where you are or is at the same point in figuring it out. You'll often get at least one person that doesn't mind explaining stuff to you in the instance.

I'm sure they'll work on more tutorials eventually. For now, there isn't much once you're dropped off in Copacabana.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  15. james888

james888

Thanks Received:
    I was talking to some people in game. I was told that its basically just gather resources so you can can pay for stuff when they put it into the game.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  16. tigger

tigger I'm the only one

Thanks Received:
    Well I've installed it for a look, name is Tiggerlator

EDIT

I quite like it, think I might play it for a while.
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2013
  17. OnePostWonder

Thanks Received:
    Oh, when I read you "started the game", I thought you were saying the first time you played it. I guess you were just referring to that night you logged in.
  18. Castiel

Castiel

Thanks Received:
    Wasn't Huxley something like this? Looks interesting, I have received invites since the beginning of their Beta, still haven't tried it out.
  19. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    I created a TPU army. Send me a PM on TPU if you want to be invited to it. I already sent an invite to Tiggerlator.
    tigger says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  20. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    I added a crash course to the original post.
    Ahhzz and james888 say thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  21. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    I added all five races to the original post. The starting point is close to where the lines begin.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  22. james888

james888

Thanks Received:
    stinger608 and FordGT90Concept say thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  23. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    Judging by what RAWR says, LGV race rates high and it is really difficult not to get rewarded for your effort. I should try timing the Copa -> Trans-Hub -> Sunken Harbor loop and see how much crystite I get for it. It might be the fastest, invasion aside.

Neither of those sites have awesome race maps like I made. :D

Edit: I just did the run and it took 340 seconds getting 192 crystite (excluding resources). That calculates to ~34 crystite per minute or more. I screwed up pretty bad on my run by blowing my Cobra up. ARES can take a lot longer than 2 minutes, so can watchtowers.

Edit: I tried to replicate their math and came up with... 759 resources which condenses into 379.5 crystite. They multiple by a factor of 1.4 to compensate for crystite gained from refining (that sounds high to me but...for the sake of equality) and that gets us 531.3 crystite. Add in the 212 crystite that's given, divided by 340 seconds, and we come to ~220 crystite/minute (low ball). That's higher than everything except ARES and invasion on their list, but it is far more reliable than both so, I say, if your objective is just to make crystite as fast as possible, do the loop. FYI, Copa to Trans-Hub only has the highest crystite/min value (only takes 50 seconds to complete and gets the same reward as the longer routes).
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2013
    Crunching for Team TPU
  24. GreiverBlade

GreiverBlade

Thanks Received:
    ahaha just after i found out of that game on mmobomb i find the topic on TPU due to FordGT90Concept post (it appeared in 1st page xD)

my account is created and i dont think i will wait till 9th july to try it so i might consider a founder pack ... 20 50 100$ hummmm if going all out for a new mmo why not the last pack ... as far as i've seen in video gameplay and other guides'n wiki, its kinda my type of game...

oh well time to think 13D time before having my card reloaded 5D humpf instant access to closed beta if i take a founder pack with so little time remaining, naahhhh i dont care, it give cools stuff to and help the devs.
  25. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    You can play for a while before jumping on Founder pack. Just make sure to buy before July 8th to be safe.

PM me your character name and I'll send you an invite to the TPU army.
    Crunching for Team TPU