1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Firefall

Discussion in 'Games' started by FordGT90Concept, Jun 12, 2013.

1. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    http://www.firefallthegame.com/

Send me a PM with your character name if you want to be invited to the TechPowerUp army.

It's an MMO open world FPS.

Q. How do I get faster transportation?
    A. In Coral Forest, use glider pads whenever possible. If you don't want to pay for an LGV, you can't make one until you get a battleframe to level 25.

Q. What rewards the most XP in Coral Forest?
    A. Letting the pirates set up the arcporter for Holmgang Tech near Sunken Harbor and then interacting with the arcporter to send it to Accord before the pirates can send it to themselves (less than a minute window). This could net you over 50,000 XP but beware, three soldiers, a dreadnaught, and an assault pirate spawn. The assault is especially effective even at range.

Runner up would be mission ledger jobs. Blackwater Anomaly can rake in north of 75k but they pretty much offer the most no matter what level you are.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
    Crunching for Team TPU
  2. Conti027

Conti027

Thanks Received:
    Played it a while back and it was fun but their first milestone patch killed it. Haven't play since so I don't know if went back to being good.

3. james888

james888

Thanks Received:
    I played it awhile back when it was pretty much pvp and no pve. I decided it had not developed enough for me to want to play quite yet. Maybe I should install it again.

Crunching for Team TPU
  4. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    It's mostly PVE now. I can't comment on how it was in the past but I like it now. It still needs expanding and some refinement but it's fun.

stinger608 and james888 say thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  5. james888

james888

Thanks Received:
    When I got in it was only a few months after they launched the closed beta. They were mainly testing PVP at the time. We were limited to only a very small area around some base. Some Spanish, reminiscent of Brazil, named base but I don't remember what. PvE and the dynamic events are what made me want to play the game in the first place. I will definitely check it out.

Crunching for Team TPU
  6. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    Copacabana? That's still the main settlement. It's the first place you end up after the tutorial. There is now four large settlements including Copa: Thump Dump to the north, Trans Hub to the west, and Sunken Harbor to the south.

james888 says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  7. Jack1n

Thanks Received:
    I played it ages ago and the only thing there was to do is to mine all day.

8. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    There's still that but there's also ARES missions (disarm bombs, destroy nests/teleporters, kill leveled bandits, etc.), Chosen events (Invasion of Sunken Harbor/Trans Hub/Thump Dump, defend/takeback SIN networks and watchtowers, Incursions, dropships, etc.), Melding Tornadoes (huge XP), and random events like crashed thumpers and crashed LGVs.

Crunching for Team TPU
  9. james888

james888

Thanks Received:
    Yes. That was it.

Ooh sounds fun now for sure.

Crunching for Team TPU
  10. ShiBDiB

ShiBDiB

Thanks Received:
    FordGT90Concept says thanks.
  11. james888

james888

Thanks Received:
    I just got around to downloading the game. I know open beta is right around the corner. I have two invites though if anyone wants in sooner.

Crunching for Team TPU
  12. ShiBDiB

ShiBDiB

Thanks Received:
    I gave it a go... and I get that it's supposed to be open world but the whole 0 guidance after the initial 5 minutes left me with a "I have no idea what I should be doing right now" feeling... which is not fun

13. OnePostWonder

Thanks Received:
    How do you mean? Just to see how this game mechanic worked?

14. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    No, the printer is real time based. If something takes 4 hours to do, it literally takes four hours to do (you don't have to be in the game for it to progress). I logged in at that time to collect what was previously printing and start new print jobs (like refining raw resources).

Same. My best advice is to ask in the chat. Everyone either has been where you are or is at the same point in figuring it out. You'll often get at least one person that doesn't mind explaining stuff to you in the instance.

I'm sure they'll work on more tutorials eventually. For now, there isn't much once you're dropped off in Copacabana.

Crunching for Team TPU
  15. james888

james888

Thanks Received:
    I was talking to some people in game. I was told that its basically just gather resources so you can can pay for stuff when they put it into the game.

Crunching for Team TPU
  16. tigger

tigger I'm the only one

Thanks Received:
    Well I've installed it for a look, name is Tiggerlator

EDIT

I quite like it, think I might play it for a while.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2013
  17. OnePostWonder

Thanks Received:
    Oh, when I read you "started the game", I thought you were saying the first time you played it. I guess you were just referring to that night you logged in.

18. Castiel

Castiel

Thanks Received:
    Wasn't Huxley something like this? Looks interesting, I have received invites since the beginning of their Beta, still haven't tried it out.

19. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    I created a TPU army. Send me a PM on TPU if you want to be invited to it. I already sent an invite to Tiggerlator.

tigger says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  20. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    I added a crash course to the original post.

Ahhzz and james888 say thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  21. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    I added all five races to the original post. The starting point is close to where the lines begin.

Crunching for Team TPU
  22. james888

james888

Thanks Received:
    stinger608 and FordGT90Concept say thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  23. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    Judging by what RAWR says, LGV race rates high and it is really difficult not to get rewarded for your effort. I should try timing the Copa -> Trans-Hub -> Sunken Harbor loop and see how much crystite I get for it. It might be the fastest, invasion aside.

Neither of those sites have awesome race maps like I made. :D

Edit: I just did the run and it took 340 seconds getting 192 crystite (excluding resources). That calculates to ~34 crystite per minute or more. I screwed up pretty bad on my run by blowing my Cobra up. ARES can take a lot longer than 2 minutes, so can watchtowers.

Edit: I tried to replicate their math and came up with... 759 resources which condenses into 379.5 crystite. They multiple by a factor of 1.4 to compensate for crystite gained from refining (that sounds high to me but...for the sake of equality) and that gets us 531.3 crystite. Add in the 212 crystite that's given, divided by 340 seconds, and we come to ~220 crystite/minute (low ball). That's higher than everything except ARES and invasion on their list, but it is far more reliable than both so, I say, if your objective is just to make crystite as fast as possible, do the loop. FYI, Copa to Trans-Hub only has the highest crystite/min value (only takes 50 seconds to complete and gets the same reward as the longer routes).

Last edited: Jun 26, 2013
    Crunching for Team TPU
  24. GreiverBlade

GreiverBlade

Thanks Received:
    ahaha just after i found out of that game on mmobomb i find the topic on TPU due to FordGT90Concept post (it appeared in 1st page xD)

my account is created and i dont think i will wait till 9th july to try it so i might consider a founder pack ... 20 50 100$ hummmm if going all out for a new mmo why not the last pack ... as far as i've seen in video gameplay and other guides'n wiki, its kinda my type of game...

oh well time to think 13D time before having my card reloaded 5D humpf instant access to closed beta if i take a founder pack with so little time remaining, naahhhh i dont care, it give cools stuff to and help the devs.

25. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    You can play for a while before jumping on Founder pack. Just make sure to buy before July 8th to be safe.

PM me your character name and I'll send you an invite to the TPU army.

Crunching for Team TPU