1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Firefall

Discussion in 'Games' started by FordGT90Concept, Jun 12, 2013.

1. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    GreiverBlade says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  2. GreiverBlade

GreiverBlade

Thanks Received:
    they should indeed ... wow has both 32 and 64bit exe so for firefall that would be a major improvement.

by the WAYYYYYY!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

now i have work to do at last i can ditch the recon for a while ... WELCOME NIGHTHAWK!

stinger608 and FordGT90Concept say thanks.
  3. GreiverBlade

GreiverBlade

Thanks Received:
    i wonder if ... like that... sooo people will maybe eventually on a high random chance of probability... think that a Recluse doesnt have heal skills (ofc i can use stimpack but im too focused on poisoning things to drop some packs...)

[​IMG]

4. james888

james888

Thanks Received:
    I get on dis mourning to get my 75k beta crystite out of the printer. I go buy my shiny new lgv. I ride for 30 seconds and the game freezes. I tried to get back on but can not for more than 30 seconds, in 2-3 attempts. I have to find a fix for this.

Crunching for Team TPU
  5. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    Damn man you have a lot of problems with the game. Have you tried turning settings down?

The one thing I noticed with bikes is that it temporarily freezes every now and then as it caches the area I'm driving into. It could be related.

Crunching for Team TPU
  6. james888

james888

Thanks Received:
    I have the settings down on low. I did turn up view distance as I like high view distance. I'll turn that down. I think I will re install the game again too. I have a overclocked 2500k and 7970 with 8gb ram. I should be able to throw anything at it. Why do I always play beta games... :ohwell: :rolleyes:

Crunching for Team TPU
  7. GreiverBlade

GreiverBlade

Thanks Received:
    if i could farm in your stead i would .... we cant trade face to face afaik and market is too hazardous...

8. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    Have you tried disabling Crossfire in that 7970? Overclocked CPU can also cause a lot of crashes.

It rarely crashes on me and I'm using all default settings.

Crunching for Team TPU
  9. james888

james888

Thanks Received:
    There is no crossfire. Single gpu. Dont even have the option to disable crossfire in the control panel.

Overclocked cpu can cause crashes if not stable. Very stable overclock. WCG has no history of problems, prime 95 passed, and hundreds of game hours in more demanding cpu oriented games than firefall. Could be it but I highly doubt it.

Thanks for the thought. I now got my lgv and don't need to farm so much so fast. I don't have anything I really want particularly soon. The lgv just had a deadline.

Crunching for Team TPU
  10. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    Firefall might be more multithreaded than most other games. It's one of the rare games I have to kill BOINC to play.

Crunching for Team TPU
  11. james888

james888

Thanks Received:
    Right now I have to kill everything just to get it to run without freezing. That is everything but firefall and antivirus. I even kill explorer.

Enough of my complaining and problems etc. Do we know of anything coming with the open beta besides open beta?

Crunching for Team TPU
  12. GreiverBlade

GreiverBlade

Thanks Received:
    HOLY SH*T i ran into this on Deviantart

Mourningstar and Typhoon cosplay:twitch:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

stinger608 says thanks.
  13. GreiverBlade

GreiverBlade

Thanks Received:
    indeed i run with 99% on all 4 core of my 955BE and 89-95% of my 7950 (i assume it runs on the 4 thread since when Firefall dont run im at 0-10% core 0% gpu )

14. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    I don't but I'm not exactly in the know either. :(

Crunching for Team TPU
  15. james888

james888

Thanks Received:
    I was testing this today. I get 99% usage on core 0, and the rest range from 0%-20%.

I now have 10 pilot tokens. I can get a new battle suite. I don't know which. I kinda like the idea of the bastion for solo thumping. Out of all the battle suites I have tried so far, I like the accord biotech. I really like the stock bioneedler and its poison traits. Taking what I like from the accord biotech, I might really like the recluse. The dragonfly is not a bad option either. Its healing piller ability is really really strong I hear. Maybe I should go for something like the mammoth for sheer dps.

For my problem with firefall freezing, it won't go away. I have now reinstalled twice. I have set the game settings to the lowest of the lowest. I removed all overclocks. I have shut down every program/service I can. The devs supposedly know what the problem is and are working on a fix.

On wednesday the third

Last edited: Jul 7, 2013
    Crunching for Team TPU
  16. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    I added Crash Course -> Best Battleframes section to the OP earlier today. In my opinion, everyone should have a Bastion for thumping, tornadoes (as long as you can get them in a good place, they'll shoot and shoot and shoot, except the core), and invasions (turrets do a good job even when it is laggy as hell).

Recluse is mostly good for killing groups of enemies.

Mammoth's weakness is groups of smaller enemies and strength is singular powerful enemies (e.g. terrorclaw, bandit raider, Chosen Seigebreaker, Meld Portals dropped by snipers and shock troopers)

I haven't heard much about the Dragonfly.

In my experience, any programs that do third party overlays in games can cause havoc. For example, MSI Afterburner. Kill them with fire (I mean literally: in some cases, the only way to make it completely stop was to reinstall Windows).

Last edited: Jul 7, 2013
    Crunching for Team TPU
  17. james888

james888

Thanks Received:
    Recluse has been chosen.

Crunching for Team TPU
  18. GreiverBlade

GreiverBlade

Thanks Received:
    i lvled a Tiger 21/30 (same as my Recluse level) other include Nighthawk 15/30 Bastion 15/30 and my 5th well ... i went rhino since i see too manny mammoth (i should pick up the Electron instead of Bastion for that reason but ...meh i wanted to give a try xD) i think my mainframe will be Not defined yet xD (Rhino rocks i wonder if they fixed the issue with it, cause its pretty beasty now... chosen laser HMG II might help ... tho )
    edit: WOOHOO i got my chosen mask (atlas achievement) yay!

i have soon again 10pilotes point i wonder wich frame between Mammoth, Dragonfly, Electron, Firecat and Raptor... duh

Last edited: Jul 8, 2013
  19. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    Open beta begins tomorrow (approximately in 12 hours from this edit)!

Last edited: Jul 8, 2013
    Crunching for Team TPU
  20. GreiverBlade

GreiverBlade

Thanks Received:
    OK now i can confirme a Rhino is awesome... im sure any other frame can do it, but since there wasnt anybody around (thanks EU night time ... xD ) i soloed a Tornado and it didnt even took too long. :roll:

HELLO, im handsome ... and i have a Mo'stache... oh wait cant see it nevermind!
    [​IMG]

21. james888

james888

Thanks Received:
    YES! Latest patch fixed the freezing!

FordGT90Concept says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  22. HammerON

HammerON The Watchful Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I am going to have to try this game out:toast:

Crunching for Team TPU
  23. james888

james888

Thanks Received:
    Troll core is stuck in rock. We can't hurt it. I and the firecat guy both have AOE damage that could not get at it too. Sadface.
    [​IMG]

Crunching for Team TPU
  24. GreiverBlade

GreiverBlade

Thanks Received:
    ahahah james you also got a untouchable trollcore xD

oh i love i love i love ... Sunken Harbor : 2 tornado at the same spot only 3 player ... wow opening the beta changed ... the chat xD more question and less activity ;) then 2 invasion in a row 1 with only 5 player on spot and the second with a bit more XD

result : im at 237'379/300'000 and i have the amp needed to get all the stuff i need for the stage 8 (only one but still its good ):rockout:

Last edited: Jul 9, 2013
  25. newconroer

newconroer

Thanks Received:
    Interesting thing about the 'closed beta' is that each account got five keys as invitations to other people. You could, in theory, give out the five keys to alternate accounts of your own in turn spawning an exponential amount of accounts - as long as you could be bothered to make them.
    Also, they sold for about $1 thus anyone who didn't get an invite, was easily able to buy their way in.
    I'd be really curious to see what kind of population spike we had and will have during these open beta periods, because I reckon it's not as high as we'd suspect - given that so many people had easy access to the 'closed' beta to begin with.

Fortunately the game is better now, the increasing amount of ARES missions is welcome and the crafting system finally feels like it has a home.
    What concerns me is the tiresome effort of traveling back and forth across (a small portion of the map none the less) areas, in order to do missions because you are desperate for Crystite - which in a cruel twist of irony - is now something you need to advance practically every craft.
    I can't imagine how awful traveling will be when they finally open up the map /content.

'Open' beta broke things today, might be related. We can't enter portals either.