1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

FireFox users beware: A spyware is disguising itself as a valid FireFox extension

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Alec§taar, Jul 27, 2006.

1. Alec§taar New Member

Thanks Received:
    Someone who's going to find NewTekie1 and teach hi
  2. Cj_Staal New Member

Thanks Received:
    Firefox released an update today so that might have been fixed already.
  3. wazzledoozle

wazzledoozle New Member

Thanks Received:
    Only a dumbass would install an extension claiming to be from wal-mart, and luckily the general IQ of a Firefox user is higher than dumbass ;)
  4. Solaris17

Solaris17 Creator Solaris Utility DVD

Thanks Received:

LOL sooo true thnx for the insite in that one
  5. Alec§taar New Member

Thanks Received:
    Someone who's going to find NewTekie1 and teach hi
    I know plenty of FireFox users that I personally don't consider all that "Smart" (whatever that means)... this isn't directed YOUR way personally guys, it is just an observation is all.

I am FAR from the "smartest guy going" out there... believe you me. I know people that outright dust my doors in intelligence & success.

Still, I can show you proofs, that Opera is a faster browser, as well as more secure!

2 widely used & referred to FAIR-HANDED, & multiplatform tests bear this out...

Am I "smarter" for using it? The proofs are available for me to produce here, if you like. Just ask... I can produce them in seconds for your reference.

Think about it - that's like saying "If you buy foreign vehicles, you are smarter" & yes, in some ways? You are... you get a better more durable product, because foreign manufacturers are into reputation & it is the MOST powerful selling point there is.

(They like their profit, but that comes with better product & word-of-mouth... not short-terms profits stock market portfolio oriented greed, & shoddy "product obsolescence" built products)

In the long haul, buying foreign cuts your national/local economy to shreds, leads to downsizing, & comes RIGHT BACK to companies practicing it - if folks don't have disposable income (cash in wallet, liquid immediate spendable cash)? Who's going to buy your products? Inventories pile up, folks get fired, & thus a circle of shit begins.

Greed... all greed, & short term thinking!

APK

P.S.=> Mainly, this thread post of mine was about warning folks who may NOT be "110% supergeeks" & such... that's all! apk
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2006
  6. wazzledoozle

wazzledoozle New Member

Thanks Received:
    Opera is nice, but there are some Firefox extensions I just cant live without.