1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

First time building/choosing spec and case.

Discussion in 'System Builder's Advice' started by phantom42o, Apr 14, 2013.

?

I am planning on using this for EvE Online and Starcraft HotS w/ recording option

Poll closed Apr 24, 2013.
  1. is this overkill for what i want to use it for?

66.7%
  2. is this about right for what i plan to use it for?

41.7%
  3. the spec i have is insufficient for what i plan on using it for?

8.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aquinus

Aquinus Resident Wat-man

Thanks Received:
    Don't double triple post, please. It's against the forum rules. Use the multi-quote and edit buttons in the future.

If you read the forum rules it also says that one thread for one topic. Same topic = same thread. If you really want to test it, be my guest, but irritating moderators is usually a bad idea.

As for the keyboard, I've been pretty happy with my mechanical keyboard but, which is best depends on what you do with your computer. I type a lot so I went with a Rosewill RK-9100 with cherry mx blue switches. Not everyone likes the click that the keys make, but it's a pleasure to type on.
  2. EarthDog

EarthDog

Thanks Received:
    This thread, the poll, L OH L...

Anyway, I dont see a point in you getting the OC Formula. Its a great board but its really made for EXTREME (read Dry Ice/LN2) overclocking. A lot of the features you are paying for you wont be using. Asrock Z77 Extreme 6 for less money is PLENTY of mobo for you and perhaps upgrade the GPU to a 670 or 7950 with the extra money.

I also dont see a point in a 750W PSU for a single GPU... Even two of what you chose could EASILY run on a 600W PSU with overclocking heavily and have plenty of headroom. That said, Corsair 650TXv2 would be my choice. You dont 'need' a top notch seasonic and pay that premium.
  3. HammerON

HammerON The Watchful Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Thread closed.
    Crunching for Team TPU