1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Flashing bios?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by dsdavis6, Mar 3, 2008.

1. dsdavis6 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi, i have a inno3d 680i mobo, im trying to upgrade the bios as i have reason to believe this is going to fix some compatibility issues with some ram. However the built in award flash in my bios does not seem to recognise a cd or usb, bootbale or non, with the new bios on. I dont have a floppy drive. I am using vista x64 which is why i think i cant see nvidia update centre when i run it, instead just the usual nvidia control panel.
    So how can i flash my bios? Any help appreciated.
    Thanks

2. keakar

keakar

Thanks Received:
    go to your motherboard manufacturers website, it will explain exactly what to do

3. dsdavis6 New Member

Thanks Received:
    i did, it only linked me to nvidia update centre and to theyre bios download. I have just realised that it seems to have done it at some point. I am now on p30, but it definately wasnt for some time. Hasnt fixed the problem though :( I had it working at one stage guess i am just going to have to keep messing with timings and stuff to get it how it was before. It woudnt work before like this until, i did something and it just started working just cant remember.
    Thanks anyways