1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Flashing GigaByte MB BIOS: Advice needed Please

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by HookeyStreet, Sep 13, 2005.

1. HookeyStreet

HookeyStreet Eat, sleep, game!

Thanks Received:
    I have a GigaByte GA-8S655FX-L (Rev 1.1) Motherboard and I want to update the bios. Its currently running the standard bios 'F6' but I know its now been updated to 'F8' on GigaBytes website.

Ive tried using GigaBytes @BIOS program to flash the bios, which flashes the bios live online (I used it on a friends PC with a GigaByte MB and it works a treat) but as my CPU has Hyper Threading it says I should update the @BIOS program to version 'B3.1008.1' before proceeding with the flash????

Ive looked everywhere for this version of @BIOS but cant find it anywhere :(

Im using @BIOS version 'B4.1021.1' which is obviously an updated version yet it tells me to use this older version :confused:

Any advice would be great :D
  2. bobyjo New Member

Thanks Received:
    This would be an excellent time to dig out the mainboard manuel and do some skull practice.
    If you are not satisfied with the info there, give Gigabyte Tech a call.
    I am sure they can walk you through getting your bios flashed.
  3. INSTG8R

INSTG8R

Thanks Received:
    there should be a flash program built into the BIOS go into the BIOS and press F8 and have the BIOS on floppy works fine I used it the other day to update a Gigabyte the other day