1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Flashing zotac 660ti ref with AMP!Extreme bios specs?

Discussion in 'NVIDIA' started by katset, Jul 13, 2013.

1. katset New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi!
    I was wondering, the cards looks exactly the same.
    As "reference" card I'm talking about this one:
    ZT-60802-10P
    [​IMG]

the AMP!Extreme:
    ZT-60806-10P
    [​IMG]

Is it the same PCB...?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks in advance if you can inform me about that.
    :)

Last edited: Jul 14, 2013
  2. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    The pictures are of the same card with different stickers shopped onto them.

Here's a pic of an AMP! edition:

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Zotac/GeForce_GTX_660_Ti_Amp_Edition/images/back.jpg

Only difference I see are two different colored capacitors on the back. It would help if you could take a picture of your card without the heatsink on it.

But, the AMP! edition is just a higher clocked card. Use an overclocking utility to OC your card.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2013
    newtekie1 says thanks.
  3. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    I was just going to say this. Just use MSI Afterburner to overclock the reference card to the Amp!Extreme clocks.

xxdozer322 says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU 50 Million points folded for TPU
  4. McSteel

McSteel

Thanks Received:
    The factory OC'd versions might have binned GPUs on them, which could mean that your "standard fare" version wouldn't be able to keep up, even if everything else is the same. Other than that, some manufacturers actually have a conscience and some electrical prowess, so they make a beefier/higher quality VRM for the OC version. Don't know if that's the case with these Zotac cards.

Either way, you're best off using an OC tool, and the Afterburner is my "weapon of choice" as well.

5. Aquinus

Aquinus Resident Wat-man

Thanks Received:
    This. Don't flash your video BIOS, or there is a very good chance that we'll be telling you "we told you so." As much as I like being right, don't make me right with this one and simply don't do it. Changing the BIOS isn't going to turn your GPU into gold, it's a risky process and you have very little to gain from it and a whole lot to lose.

AlienIsGOD says thanks.
  6. katset New Member

Thanks Received:
    thanks for the advices guys.
    To be honest I've flashed many cards in the past, but of course after running it at top OC clocks for weeks ingame to be sure that is stable before I do it. Just to avoid having afterburner running h24. But I hear where you're coming from...Always a big risk! ;)
    My question was more like: do the regular zotac 660 ti have the same PCB than the AMP! version?
    I now have a pic pf the AMP pcb (thx to erocker) but I just ordered a couple of the regular 660ti, didn't receive yet so I can't really compare. I'd like to know if there is a physical difference between the 2.
    In the "bios download" section there is only 2 bios available — hence, my question.
    :toast:

7. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received: