• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Flickering on X1600XT

Erukian

I have the Asus EAX1600XT Fanless card. I first tried it without any active cooling and it'd last 10 minutes in ATiTool before getting artifacts. I moved it to my lower PCIe 8X slot on my DFI board so now i have a 120mm fan, standing up on the bottom of the case, at full speed blowing through the fins on the sink. I was then able to then run atittool's "scan for artifacts" overnight and during work.

As far as I can tell there's no temp sensors on this card. But it ran for about 16 hours without a glitch. Now I tried to "find max core" and while the card wouldnt artifact, the screen outside of atitool would flicker (not the whole thing just parts of it) while the clock is increasing. Is this normal for these cards? I get flickering when starting windows and changing resolutions exiting a game as well.

Thanks,
joe

JaiQwan

Processor P4 660 3.60 LGA 775, 800Mhz FSB,1MB L2
Motherboard P5AD2 E Premium, Intel 925XE Chipset
Cooling VC Stock HSF, CPU THERMALRIGHT XP120
Memory CORSAIR XMS2 Pro Series Dual Channel 240-Pin 1GB
Video Card(s) ATI X1900 XTX
Storage (1) Raptor 74GB (1) Caviar 250GB
Display(s) Samsung SyncMaster 192N
Case Lian Li V1000
Audio Device(s) SB Audigy2 ZS GAMER LE PCI
Power Supply Hiper Type R 580W - Modular
Software WinXp, ATI Tool, Macromedia MX Bundle
When ATI Tool is slowly bumping up the clocks as it searchs, yes the screen does Flicker, well for me that is. But it alsao does it when im opening the advanced Display properties and ATI Tool NOW runing. Which leads to beleive it is the drivers, I know I had problems with the most recent CCC 6.4 drivers and extreme artifacts. So I went to the 6.3 Stand alone Drivers & Control Panel and the WDM Drivers, for now I can deal with few flickers I do get.
Hope that helps ya.

Erukian said:
I have the Asus EAX1600XT Fanless card. I first tried it without any active cooling and it'd last 10 minutes in ATiTool before getting artifacts. I moved it to my lower PCIe 8X slot on my DFI board so now i have a 120mm fan, standing up on the bottom of the case, at full speed blowing through the fins on the sink. I was then able to then run atittool's "scan for artifacts" overnight and during work.

As far as I can tell there's no temp sensors on this card. But it ran for about 16 hours without a glitch. Now I tried to "find max core" and while the card wouldnt artifact, the screen outside of atitool would flicker (not the whole thing just parts of it) while the clock is increasing. Is this normal for these cards? I get flickering when starting windows and changing resolutions exiting a game as well.

Thanks,
joe

Erukian

I noticed when i was running "find max core" i got from 580MHz to 690MHz then i saw some yellow dots in the cube display, but ATiTool didnt back down the clock or detect any glitches and kept increasing it. Is this a glitch or am I missing something? On my 9800XT i'd get errors and the timer would reset when the yellow dots came up.

Thanks,
Joe