1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Folding Pie and Milestones!!

Discussion in 'Folding@Home' started by El Fiendo, Aug 7, 2009.

1. oily_17

oily_17

Thanks Received:
    Going to have to make you work for my slice of pie Buck :)

Should have a 940 here tomorrow for my K9A2, all I need now is to fill those 4 empty slots with some folding power :D

2. msgclb

msgclb

Thanks Received:
    It appears that El Fiendo missed the pie!
    Pie

[​IMG]

3. bogmali

bogmali Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Hmmnn, all of my crunchers are set to no more than 70% (all 44 cores), wondering what my output would be like had they've been set to 100%:D I just refuse to do it because I've had some stability issues in the past so I kinda like learned my lesson:(

:slap: Not surprised at all:rolleyes: and El FYI, I'm not just a member I'm also the President (MPA Club):laugh::roll:........:confused: Ow is that what you call an "Ego"? OK so I'm guilty then:D

4. mike047 New Member

Thanks Received:
    You can fix that, TRUST ME... you can run at 100% and not have stability issues. I ran over 140 cores for over two years without issue. Every box overclocked, dual cores and quads. All on air in 80-95f ambient. It can be done:rockout:

5. bogmali

Thanks Received:
    I will probably do that to the dedicated ones that don't do but fold and crunch;) I will leave my main rig at 70% since I use that for everything else:D

6. El Fiendo

El Fiendo

Thanks Received:
    I didn't miss it persay. There was a link there, but instead of being pointed at "http://img.techpowerup.org/090817/160809944.png" it was pointed at "http://techpowerup.org/uploaded.php?file=090817/160809944.png" the uploader page. That's what I get for a late night post. Thanks for the cover though.

Ok, you can have the self proclaimed title President of the MPAs, but its only self proclaimed! We have to wait and see what they're for, which one of these days I'm going to spitball some ideas at Buck and perhaps Paulieg.

That's what I want to see! You guys got to fight, for the right, to PARRRRRRR-Tay!

Updated the post to show the Pie!

7. msgclb

msgclb

Thanks Received:
    If you want to get the last folding update you have to be a late night guy.:D I find that I fall asleep before the last update but last night I checked if I had used enough electricity when I got up to visit the little boys room! Today I can't get into the Free-DC site.

I won't be getting any pie tonight as two of my cards stopped folding. I had to erase the folders and restart the cards to get them to start folding.

8. El Fiendo

El Fiendo

Thanks Received:
    That's ok, I'm going to be dropping off the radar soon here, so my place will be up for grabs. I'm about to part out 1 rig entirely as most of my stuff I said I was going to sell has already sold without the need for a sale thread. After this I plan to be coming back i7. The only problem is I've got a few RMAs to go through and a bunch of home repair as well. Some lucky chaps are going to get 3rd place pie for a few weeks.

9. BUCK NASTY

BUCK NASTY F@H Mod & 4P Enthusiust Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    And work for it I will:p. I have some nice expectations for the 9550 with a healthy overclock on water.

The K9A2/PII 940 is a new rig for you? If so, very nice. What are you planning to fill it with?

Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD
  10. theonedub

theonedub habe fidem

Thanks Received:
    Just cracked the Top 20 Producer list on ExtremeOC stats :rockout: Im thinking top 100 in the near future:D

Crunching for Team TPU
  11. El Fiendo

El Fiendo

Thanks Received:
    Only 18 to go, you'll be there in no time. My post is late again but not too bad. I always forget how long system builds take.

Pie!

[​IMG]

We have a new name tonight stepping in to remove Dustyshiv from the MPAs. DanMiner skyrocketed into contention today with a PPD spike straight out of nowhere. Do we have a new top 10 contender?

Milestones
    Milestones Today
    Lampmaster passes 100,000
    paulieg passes 50,000

Milestones Yesterday
    AthlonX2 passed 80,000
    babbage1202 passed 500
    Darkrealms passed 700,000
    Lampmaster passed 90,000
    MrSemi passed 500
    mx500torid passed 2,000,000
    paulieg passed 40,000
    theonedub passed 50,000

Lampmaster flys past 100k, followed by paulieg smashing through 50k. I do believe he is holding true on his promise to hit the top. He recently pegged 10k on Extreme Overclocking Stats, but it looks like Free-DC had a different cut off. Looks like he's coming for pie tomorrow though.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Winners of the MPA!
    [​IMG]
    Column 1 Column 2
    0 Bogmali 17/08/09
    1 msgclb 17/08/09
    2 Oily_17 17/08/09
    3 Buck_Nasty 17/08/09

Feel free to check my findings, I sometimes miss people

Buck stepping and almost knocking Oily out of the WCG pie tonight. Looks like Buck might be more of a regular to the MPA function. Having been ejected again, Dustyshiv can only shake his fist at DanMiner and prepare for another night. Nicely done everyone.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2009
  12. oily_17

oily_17

Thanks Received:
    Had the mobo for awhile now, just never got round to getting a CPU, found the 940 cheap so could not pass it up (damned post is delayed till wednesday :banghead:).
    Hope to add 2 more GTX260's to the ones I have and put them all on the board, but that will have to wait for a few weeks, I have other things to sort out first.

I should be getting my Q9550, for my everyday rig, up and running within a couple of weeks as well (if I ever stop buying more parts :)) I tried it out under water but was not that impressed, couldn't get 4Ghz stable, but I will try again when all the case/parts are together.

Post up your results when you get yours running, hopefully you will see 4Ghz from yours.

13. El Fiendo

El Fiendo

Thanks Received:
    Pie!

[​IMG]

Oof. Looks like I'm booted straight out of the top 10. Lampmaster surging upward to claim the last slice as DanMiner holds steadily onto 9th place. This looks like pie could see quite a few different hands in the coming weeks.

Milestones
    Milestones Today
    CamelJock passed 1,800,000

Milestones Yesterday
    Lampmaster passes 100,000
    paulieg passes 50,000

Pretty quiet on the milestone front today, Johnspack however is creeping up on becoming a F@H multimillionaire.

Winners of the MPA!
    [​IMG]
    Column 1 Column 2
    0 Bogmali 18/08/09
    1 msgclb 18/08/09
    2 Oily_17 18/08/09

Dustyshiv being denied an MPA again, but he is joined by Buck tonight. Oily_17 played a hand in denying WCG pie to Buck tonight and has successfully kept him clear of the MPAs. Competition is starting to heat up for these here.

msgclb and oily_17 say thanks.
  14. oily_17

oily_17

Thanks Received:

Maybe I should take it easy on the big man ;), and let him have some pie...ahh maybe not :D

Have a feeling he will end up crushing me when he gets all his rigs going.

15. El Fiendo

El Fiendo

Thanks Received:
    I say kick him all you can while you still can. If you know he's going to be out of your reach, then dominate the spirit and life out of him while you still have a chance. No mercy Oily. No mercy.

Buck! Hope you get pie tonight! :toast:

16. bogmali

Thanks Received:

Take his advice to heart, he has first hand experience;):roll::roll:

17. theonedub

theonedub habe fidem

Thanks Received:
    Im attempting my run at pie today. What time is final cutoff?

Crunching for Team TPU
  18. El Fiendo

El Fiendo

Thanks Received:
    I'm not sure, it looks like it usually gets updated around 9pm MST, and that's usually the final cutoff I see when I post up, so in about 5 hours. It seems to vary though and I haven't been able to peg down a system their updates run on. Most times I log on and hope that the pie matches 'todays top 10' which is usually wildly different from other sites (not unexpected). I've checked at 1 am before and it was changed, but last night I didn't get at the computer until 1:30am and it was still the prior day. It's kind of puzzling.

19. msgclb

msgclb

Thanks Received:
    There's two questions here. One, when do I have to have a run complete to be used in an update? Second, when does the final update occur?

I haven't a clue to the first question. For the second question I have found that the final update usually occurs just before midnight, CST. At times I have to wait until 1 am or later if I'm awake. I'd agree it is puzzling!

20. theonedub

theonedub habe fidem

Thanks Received:
    Yeah sounds a little difficult to nail down. So far so good for my run tonight.

Crunching for Team TPU
  21. oily_17

oily_17

Thanks Received:
    Well, I think he has me beat today :mad:

One of my rigs was BSOD'ing, nailed it down to a stick of ram.That's the third set of ram I have killed so far on my crunchers...I am running out of DDR, I think it is time to RMA some of the dead ones.

22. El Fiendo

El Fiendo

Thanks Received:
    Pie!

[​IMG]

Lampmaster cold cocks me straight out of pie tonight by a mere 351 points. Aided by theonedub who grabs his first slice tonight. First off, I'll have my revenge. Second, let's see who else you can knock out.

Milestones
    Milestones Today
    AthlonX2 passed 100,000
    M3TAL_L0RD passed 500
    mosheen passed 2,000
    MrSemi passed 1,000
    msgclb passed 1,900,000
    theonedub passed 80,000

Milestones Yesterday
    CamelJock passed 1,800,000

So that's two F@H multimillionaires coming? Or were we up to 3? We'll catch when you guys pass that, promise. However, here and now we have AthlonX2 snatching a cool 100k. Congrats dude.

[​IMG]

Winners of the MPA!
    [​IMG]
    Column 1 Column 2
    0 Bogmali 19/08/09
    1 msgclb 19/08/09
    2 Buck_Nasty 19/08/09

You're right Oily, he smacked you but good to grab a delicious MPA. Look at that pecan pie.

theonedub and BUCK NASTY say thanks.
  23. El Fiendo

El Fiendo

Thanks Received:
    Lost 2 posts to this connectivity issue thing. So, lets try this again!

Pie!

[​IMG]

Solaris has his way with me tonight, thoroughly demonstrating dominance by beating me with a mere 70 points. Such a low point spread is a smack to my face and a clear challenge on his part. At least I think it is. He grabs himself 10th place pie tonight and fulfills his earlier claim of glory. Meanwhile, Lampmaster makes himself at home in the top 10 snacking on pie.

Milestones

Milestones Today
    IRA_FBi passed 20,000
    Papahyooie passed 40,000
    stuff passed 2,000
    vanyots passed 500,000

Milestones Yesterday
    AthlonX2 passed 100,000
    M3TAL_L0RD passed 500
    mosheen passed 2,000
    MrSemi passed 1,000
    msgclb passed 1,900,000
    theonedub passed 80,000

We have vanyots hitting a cool 500k, which is pretty cool because I don't think I've seen vanyots around the forums. Perhaps just a lurker? Anyways, congrats on your 500k dude.

[​IMG]

Winners of the MPA!
    [​IMG]
    Column 1 Column 2
    0 Bogmali 20/08/09
    1 msgclb 20/08/09
    2 Buck_Nasty 20/08/09
    3 mike_047 20/08/09

Tonight Buck gets a hand from mike_047 in denying Oily an MPA. Both had a nice showing at the WCG pie dispersal, cementing their names into the MPAs tonight. Mike comes back to reclaim some prior glory and show that he is still an MPA contender. Let's see if he can hold on to it now.

Bogi, I guess you're going to have to wait till tomorrow to see a certificate up here.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2009
    mike047, bogmali and BUCK NASTY say thanks.
  24. bogmali

Thanks Received:
    No worries, it's all on my sig:D:rockout:

25. [I.R.A]_FBi

[I.R.A]_FBi New Member

Thanks Received:
    dunno if im continueing as my gpu temps and ambients are cause for worry, also the electric bill came today :|