1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

For anyone that has or wants ...

Discussion in 'Storage' started by Morrison5891, Oct 1, 2009.

1. Morrison5891

Morrison5891 New Member

Thanks Received:
    A Windows Live Mail account (Hotmail) Windows Live Skydrive is a great way to backup important documents, pictures, etc ... It gives you 25GB for free. Maybe, most of you know this... There is also a way to mount your Windows Live Skydrive as a virtual drive on YOUR PC ... It's very easy to setup, all you need to do is download this:

http://www.gladinet.com/p/download_starter_direct.htm

Its like adding a 25GB HDD to your computer... Its a great service!

Hope this helps at least one person...

[Ion] and RejZoR say thanks.
  2. RejZoR

RejZoR

Thanks Received:
    I'm using SkyDrive for ages. Even before it was officially available. But i didn't know about this program. Gonna try it out right now...

10 Year Member at TPU Crunching for Team TPU
  3. Morrison5891

Morrison5891 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Any thoughts on this?

4. RejZoR

RejZoR

Thanks Received:
    It's ok, but slightly "bloated". I thought it's something like GDisk, but it's a bit more complex.
    It has few processes that run all the time and consume quite some memory. Not a problem for regular systems, but kinda problem for my Aspire One with just 1GB of RAM.
    Interface could be better but it's not all that bad. Plus it's a free program as long as you don't want the payable features.

10 Year Member at TPU Crunching for Team TPU
  5. techspec6 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I don't understand all the hubbub with online storage. Is there a particular benefit that I may be overlooking? Data secure... mine isn't so important that images don't suffice. Remote location, I have a portable drive that I travel with for work. If I'm traveling, hotel connections aren't known for their speed, either. Heck, the wireless often times doesn't work at all.

I definitly see a need for online storage in the future when the baseline internet connection speeds are faster everywhere.

Jason

6. Morrison5891

Morrison5891 New Member

Thanks Received:
    what interface? It uses the Windows interface... All it does is add a mapped drive to "my computer"