1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Forza 4 Video Review

Discussion in 'Games' started by KieranD, Oct 8, 2011.

1. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:

I know its IGN but they do video reviews which i find handy.
    Giantbomb have a 40mins video and written review.
    http://www.giantbomb.com/forza-motorsport-4/61-33400/reviews/

Been searching for a good preorder deal but i might have to just stump up the £35 for it, managed to get the special edition of Forza 3 for £25 last time round.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
  2. Sir B. Fannybottom

Sir B. Fannybottom

Thanks Received:
    Forza

Am I the only one who is mad about Forza still not being on the pc? Why do they hate us so much?

MadClown says thanks.
  3. chris89 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Honestly we have a lot of brillant racing games on PC Already.

It would be nice to get Forza on PC, but as it is the only console game i like, and getting my copy tomorrow :D

Chris

4. _JP_

_JP_

Thanks Received:
    Because the objective behind Forza series on the XBOX is the same as for GT series for the PS3, to be a console exclusive.

There are great simulators for PC out there:
    rFactor
    Live for Speed
    iRacing

Or, if you're into more commercial titles:
    ToCa Race Driver 3
    Race Driver Grid
    RACE 07
    GTR Evolution

These are just some that came up in my mind, there are many more...

5. Sir B. Fannybottom

Sir B. Fannybottom

Thanks Received:
    I want to play forza more because I hear it's very Grand Tursmo esq (which I loved on the PS1) and the graphics look amazing. Do you happen to know a racing game where you need license to do different races and such, while it doesn't look like polygons going in a circle?

6. BumbleBee

BumbleBee

Thanks Received:
    Forza Motorsport is considered the top 1, 2 racing simulator in the world.

7. EastCoasthandle

EastCoasthandle New Member

Thanks Received:
    The driving physics on F4 is pretty good and the selection of different cars is a nice bonus. I too which they were on the PC as well. They've made 4 of them so far and not one on the pc :shadedshu

8. WhiteNoise

WhiteNoise

Thanks Received:

Really??

9. _JP_

_JP_

Thanks Received:
    Well, I don't know about polygons in a circle, but the games I listed are very good in the graphics department (even being DX9) and while those don't have a license system to progress trough the game, you have championships, trophies, challenges, etc...
    I don't know if that suits you, but why not just play Forza or GT5, if that's what you really want?

10. Sir B. Fannybottom

Sir B. Fannybottom

Thanks Received:
    I have no xbox or ps3 :3 so I can't really play it, and it seems like they hate the pc market :c. Y U NO WANT MORE MONIES?

Last edited: Oct 13, 2011
  11. Delta6326

Delta6326

Thanks Received:
    Forza is and will always be Xbox only.
    I really like the Forza games I consider my self a veteran as I have owned and completed Forza 1-4. Im already almost max level on Forza 4 probably 1-2days more I have already driven well over 600miles and have over $2,000,000.

12. Delta6326

Delta6326

Thanks Received:
    Forza 4 is awesome im almost done, but its just fantastic! I got mine for $32 at BestBuy. Preorder

13. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    yeahhhhhh no its not. especially just using the word "simulator" for all these console racing games is really misleading. I mean it does have some realistic aspects, but ive never experienced a racing game as realistic and iracing in my life.

14. KingPing

KingPing

Thanks Received:
    GT5 or Forza 4 are not racing sims, you want a racing sim go play iRacing, or rFactor. Anyway C.A.R.S. is goin to be released Q4 2012 i think and as far as i know it's PC only, but i'm not 100% sure. You can help found the game by becoming a team member (starting at 10 euros) and gain access to the development build. I payed the 10 euros because i wanted to see myself how good the game is, and the graphics are great:eek:, in my opinion better than GT5 or Forza 4.

link to a post i did about C.A.R.S. if you are interested: http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153440

15. BumbleBee

BumbleBee

Thanks Received:
    crazy talk.

KieranD says thanks.
  16. [H]@RD5TUFF

Thanks Received:
    It's too bad it's console only.:shadedshu

17. EastCoasthandle

Thanks Received:
    The driving physics are 2nd to none IMO. You can't power slide around corners at off angles and still make up time. If you take a corner wrong you have to slow down. Also, the cars do feel heavy and well planted on the ground. So it's not easy to take off from a sharp incline.

There are few other things I like but compared to what we have on the PC it's in a league of it's own. I particularity like the idea that you can tune your car and do a benchmark to tell you how well it's performing (like a dyno run)

Sir B. Fannybottom says thanks.
  18. MRCL

MRCL

Thanks Received:
    So far I've played a bit of it and I'm impressed. Will play more tonight. I particulary enjoy the race track in Switzerland, but that should come as no surprise.
    Also throwing cars you've driven in real life into corners you've taken in real life (comparable corners at comparable speeds) is always a blast. And throwing cars into corners is not easy in F4.
    In fact I like the heavy, yet very controllable handling of the cars. Like, well, a car. The graphics are beautiful, albeit a tad bit too shiny but then again I never cared about graphics in a racing game (especially since my all time favorite racing game is Need for Speed III from 1998).

I say get Forza 4 if you have the chance, and get the COllectors Edition - the Artbook is really nice. And its incredibly hard to distinguish between ingame screenshots and real photographs.

Also, Top Gear. Nuff said.

19. [H]@RD5TUFF

Thanks Received:
    Well I may pick this up used when I go to buy BF3.

20. EastCoasthandle

Thanks Received:
    The one thing you have to be careful off is how you upgrade. Keep your car at the same class. If it's a D class car only upgrade those parts that keep it there. If you upgrade your D class to a C class you end up with a low end C class car. Then the game puts you against higher end C class cars that can smoke you on the straights. Then later on realizing that you could have bought a better C class car and upgraded that.

I also noticed there isn't much upgrading room for F class, maybe a little more with E and D class. But that maybe the car I'm using...

1 tip, you can look at changing your rims to reduce weight.

Sir B. Fannybottom says thanks.
  21. Delta6326

Delta6326

Thanks Received:
    Yep the best rims in game are made by Watanabe: Cyclone and then the Buddy Club: P1 Racing QF they both reduce the most weight out of every other rim. The best looking of the 2 is the Watanabe: Cyclone( I only use these and always put them on every car.) If any one needs some tips or help you can ask me as I have played every Forza game.

22. EastCoasthandle

Thanks Received:
    The Watanabe and TWS are the best rims I've found so far. I believe both come in black. I also found the brakes to be a tad bit tricky to feather when you upgrade them (with ABS off). If you fully press the trigger button you will lock up the brakes. You have to apply slight pressure to the trigger button to get it to work just right. But the brake upgrade has to be good enough to allow the car to slow down without having to apply it earlier then need be.

So far I just played on the Road America track (which requires a fast car no matter what class you play in). But I haven't come across Spa-Francorchamps yet. :ohwell:

23. de.das.dude

de.das.dude Pro Indian Modder

Thanks Received:
    SON YOU HAVE DiRT 3 WHAT ELSE ON EARTH DO YOU WANTTT!!!!!

24. chris89 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Been playing it quite a bit over the weekend and i am really enjoying.

I will post screens if i can figure out where they are saved on the xbox since i don't have an XBL Gold account, as i have no need for one.

Gift cars at levels are intresting as giving a choice of 5 and have to choose, some have been very tough so far :L

Also my first laptime on Topgear test track in the Resonably priced Car (Kia C'eed) is 1:46 but i can get that down lower.

Chris

25. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    The screenshots are uploaded to the Forza website so you can log into that with your gamertag and download them :)