1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Found a sweat deal on a "opened box" 670

Discussion in 'NVIDIA' started by jonathan1107, Oct 11, 2012.

1. jonathan1107

jonathan1107

Thanks Received:
    Hi, I would like to know whether it is safe to buy a gtx 670 opened box from NCIX.CA ?
  2. the54thvoid

the54thvoid

Thanks Received:
    Use common sense. It should still carry a guarantee right? Even a reduced one. If it's a very short guarantee, I'd be concerned but if it was dirt cheap then why not. You just clock the crap out of it and stress test it to the max. If it fails, then send it back. (Just don't hardware mod it!)

Also, a lot of early Direct CUII TOP models were a bit dodgy (there were many posts about them on forums and Newegg). Alternatively it could be ex-display (no issues) or it could be a return with coil whine (not unknown but far less common than with say early 7970's.)

If it's B-Grade it's a return. If it's ex-display it should say. Either way, it must have a warranty for even a short while.
  3. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    NCIX.CA has a 30day limited warranty on Open box items which would cover DOA.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  4. jonathan1107

jonathan1107

Thanks Received:
    Yeah I heard about the problems the asus directcu ii was having in the early stages... but appearantly, Asus released a new bios and a software upgrade that fixed those issues that were making the card unstable...

correct me if I'm wrong...