1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

''Found new hardware'' upon each boot.

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Huxley2k7, Sep 10, 2008.

1. Huxley2k7

Huxley2k7

Thanks Received:
    Hey guys,

Every time i boot up, i get the 'found new hardware' wizard for 'Marvell SCSI Array Device'', it pops up 'Found new hardware, Marvel SCSI/RAID Array Device' then goes away and gives me the usual ''Problem occurred during hardware installation''. I look in my device manager to see if there are any devices alerted, but everything seems fine. Under SCSI Raid Controllers it lists the Marvell 61xx Raid Controller. No alerts though.

It's a relatively fresh format, yet i was getting the same thing in my previous system (just a different raid/scsi controller), i now have a different Mobo, PSU and GFX. I must be doing something wrong. I have the motherboard drivers from the CD installed.

Could this be causing any performance issues perhaps? Is something missing and/or still needs to be installed? Is this normal?

Do you guys think i should install the latest Marvell 61xx Raid Controller driver and the latest chipset drivers too? Note: I am only using one WD 500GB Hard Drive.

Appreciate any help!
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2008
  2. JC316

JC316 Knows what makes you tick

Thanks Received:
    Hmm, thats a tough one. It's clearly thinking that the drivers for the Raid Array isn't installed. The only thing that I can think of is to remove it from the device manager, and restart, see if it finds it. That or completely uninstall it and reinstall.