1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

FOXCONN NT-330I Netbox Ion Atom 330

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by Darksaber, Oct 7, 2010.

1. Darksaber

Darksaber W1zzard's Sidekick Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2011
  2. tkpenalty New Member

Thanks Received:
    wow i have the same monitor as the one used in the review :p.

I'm certainly going to be looking for this thing when I head over to hk in a few weeks time.
  3. bpgt64

bpgt64

Thanks Received:
    A word to the wise, this thing has no problem doing Blue-Ray playback, but where hardware acceleration cannot be fully utilized, case in point if you ripped a Blue-Ray collection to a NAS and tried to stream it...it will only play back at a reasonable frame rate around 720p.
  4. Easy Rhino

Easy Rhino Linux Advocate

Thanks Received:
    im not sure if that is entirely true. i have a zotac zbox which has the same atom 330 and nvidia ion. however the zbox has 2 so-dimm slots at 1066. it streams x264 1080p rips with DTS with no issue from a NAS i have set up. another possible difference is i am using linux and utilizing vdpau.
  5. Bo$$

Bo$$ Lab Extraordinaire

Thanks Received:
    typo here:

:toast:
  6. bpgt64

bpgt64

Thanks Received:
    I tried Linux using XBMC and Window's 7 using XBMC and would get the same problems using VLC and others. It would hangle a true 720p coded source like a champ, but getting something with a true 1080p source like a documentary would give it shuddering issues.

Now this is an incredible product, don't get me wrong. I actually even followed the guides on this site to enable cuda acceleration, but it had it's limitations.
  7. Easy Rhino

Thanks Received:
    did you make sure that you have vdpau installed and running? right now i am watching a 1080p rip with dts and the cpu average is at 5%
  8. Breathless New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have owned one of these for a few months now. Its a great little box. I love having it attached to the back of the monitor to keep the desk clean. I upgraded it to 4GB's of ram (there is only one slot, so you have to get a single 4GB stick), and gave it a 640GB 7200RPM hard drive. Its pretty quick! Some people have complained that it is not fast enough. I say... "what do you expect, a Core i7?". I imagine with a SSD this thing would be smokin fast. Yes, the fan is audible, but you can get a Zalman fanmate for like $7 and take care of that provided that your room isn't too hot.
  9. Baum

Thanks Received:
    first of all nice little box!

and it should play 1080p well, i do own a 9400Gt which is slow but does accelerate HD Videos like a champ....

just use coreavc mit Media Player Classic Home Cinema under Windows to get cuda acceleration. It might be possible that you get choppy pictures for various reasons. If you share over with smb protokoll (windows share) it does take up more resources while tranfering and yes your nas might be to weak and how did you save your video?

I was able to play HD Video 1080p x264 mkv 4.1 Profile, with 1,2Ghz Via C7 and 9400Gt. believe me C7 is slower than any thing...
  10. caleb

Thanks Received:
    Baum nobody's going to run coreavc and MPC on this because of GUI.

This thing is made for XBMC (the live linux one) but does it run the vdpau ? I also read they (XBMC team) added some acceleration that works with all GPU's. Would be nice if somebody would test this with XBMC.
  11. Easy Rhino

Thanks Received:
    it should run on windows just fine. dxva is now a solid video accelerator for windows.
  12. GENTLEMEN New Member

Thanks Received:
    Interesting. And for its size, price and performance, I'd want one.