1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Foxconn QF Black Ops

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by MRCL, May 17, 2009.

1. MRCL

MRCL

Thanks Received:
    Theres a sale on a local shop, and they offer the Foxconn QF Black ops for a price you cannot resist (not even 200$). Now, I am 95% buying this board, BUT before I definately do, I wanted to ask here...

...if anybody has experience with this board
    ...if its recommendable
    ...if it would be a noticeable upgrade to my Maximus Formula

I have never had a Foxconn board, as they are somewhat rare around here. But I read some reviews on it real quick (will do deeper research, I always do) that its an enthusiast board and yeah...

Enough of the talk. Should I go for it? Yes? No? Why? :)

2. Lethalrise750

Lethalrise750 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Quantum Bios is pretty awesome and easy to use.

3. Darknova

Darknova

Thanks Received:
    +1 the Quantum BIOS is phenomenal...however, I don't think you'll get much more out of it then you do out of your Maximus.

4. MRCL

MRCL

Thanks Received:
    You think so? Hmm. I am suspecting the Maximus board to holding me back somehow, idk.

5. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    Asus P45 boards are the shit for OCing, you can guarantee its very very unlikely the board is holding you back.

6. MRCL

MRCL

Thanks Received:
    Maximus Formula is an X38 afaik, but yeah, I suspect(ed) it, but its more likely I'm doing something wrong :slap: :laugh: However I have reserved a board now, I can still withdraw from it as I'm still reading reviews. I'd like to hear some personal opinions tho.

7. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    Thats what I meant, you have a asus board and even though its not a P45, you still shouldn't be seeing it holding you back. My bad for not making it clearer, I'm still half drunk from last night :eek: :p

8. MRCL

MRCL

Thanks Received:
    Lol no problem man:) The Formula is a good board no doubt, but yeah... you know how it is. Its like womens obsession with shoes.

9. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    Ahh with one very important difference! Theres a purpose to when we buy new mobos, there isn't when women buy new shoes :D

10. HellasVagabond New Member

Thanks Received:
    Last time i checked FoxConn is going bankrupt, at least that is the word on the street so buying one of their mainboards may not be a good idea at the moment, not before these rumors prove to be real or false.

11. MRCL

MRCL

Thanks Received:
    Indeed. And the boards don't hurt our feet.

12. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    They look pretty too. Shoes tend to come in just one colour, mobos come in many :p

13. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    If you want a Max board, and A P45... Maximus Formula II... ;)

As for the Maximus Formula board.. I loved my board very much! When you did the bios mod to make it the Rampage board, it became a lot better oc'er then with the Maximus Bios. But, if you break it... haha... No rma's on that! lol Unless you can flash it back..

14. MRCL

MRCL

Thanks Received:
    Where did you see that?

And they're cheaper sometimes too, and useful for many things. Shoes are just made for walking.

15. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    Exactly, who needs shoes anyway? Our bare feet are good enough, save the money for mobos :D

16. HellasVagabond New Member

Thanks Received:
    I didnt see it MRCL, i just heard it from various people. Also do take notice that FoxConn dismantled almost all of their EU branches a while ago and that can't be a coincidence.
    In any case nothing is definite until it gets verified, i am just saying what the word on the street is.

17. MRCL

MRCL

Thanks Received:
    I have yet to try that. But if I break it, I have no backup board at the moment, a very inconvenient circumstance. And the Maximus II Formula is a good 90 bucks more expensive than the Black Ops. Its not that I haven't played with the thought of it. :)

18. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    Man, you gotta get around the fact of bricking.. lol.. Yeah, I know the feeling.. I was so battered between flashing it or not flashing it... But, after awhile... I said flop it, and went with it... I've been without a computer for a while.. So, why not lol

19. MRCL

MRCL

Thanks Received:
    That... is some real positive motivation :roll:

20. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    :roll: yeah, that's the way man! The first board I had, Gigabyte (grrr), gave me so much sh1t, I returned it in 16 days of using it since it couldn't even start right at stock.... about a month then.... My bro was starting the 3870 thread.. Forgot to flash the bios back to stock, and undo the pencil mod, blew my 3870 up with trim pots.. almost 2 months then because I had to save up for a video card.. lol... Bought a open box Striker II... great board till it fried the PCI-e slots.. Newegg wouldn't do anything because it was on the 15th day I had it.. Not the 15th day since I BOUGHT it... Big difference... I sold the board I had then to Sneekypeet.. lol.. So about a month and got the max... Well, then it all went all right... till a wild oc took the board... a month later, tried it.. no... two months later I could afford a 780i board... it came doa with the famous "FF" problem... put the max board in to try... Worked... then 3 months later the ram fried the dimm slot.. First dimm slot.. So, bios is sol... But, 2 weeks later I had the 780i board back.. Took them a month just to say, new board... lol..

So yeah, I've been without a computer.. Work is my friend! Grinding is my lifestyle.

21. aCid888*

aCid888* New Member

Thanks Received:
    The question is, do you need another board??

Your current one is fine and I doubt its holding you back.

Saying that, the Foxconn board does look nice and reviewers seem to like it, though I would still keep the Maximus as its a solid board and spending cash on another when its not dead or dying isn't smart.

You could always buy a E85/E8600, sell your E8400 and upgrade to a better clocking chip for around $110 after you sell your old one. :)

22. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    You poor man.. during all that time I can only imagine your pain of actually having to listen to any potential significant other instead of sitting at your puter with the monitor giving a nice fuzzy warm glow and you just pretending to listen with the occasional but essential "uh-huh" "oh" "hmm.. ok" and "That bitch is crazy anyway".

23. MRCL

MRCL

Thanks Received:
    ColdStorm, hardware must be afraid of you lol.

No, a new board is not vital. I would have use for the Formula board tho. Better clocking chip for around 110$ you say? I rather not tell you how much an E8400 costs around here then:eek:

Uh... what? :laugh:

24. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    In summary, what man REALLY listens to what a woman has to say about something you have absolutely no interest in? :p

25. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    Oh, I loved my Max board.. just a temperamental board.. Like my Ex fiance.. lol I can say out of all the boards I've had.. the Blood Iron board was simply the best... No fsb hole.. booted to 560fsb, and was one hell of a ocer.. But, I don't think I'd be leaving this 780i board.. No way on that!