1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Fractal Design Define R3

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by Darksaber, Nov 28, 2010.

1. BababooeyHTJ New Member

Thanks Received:
    I sent Fractal an email asking about their plans for the US market in about mid November and I got this reply.

Hopefully I'll be able to pick one of these up at some point soon since I;m not about to pay $50 for shipping from NCIX.

2. $immond$ New Member

Thanks Received:
    Owning 3 "New" Antec 300 cases I have never seen such poor build quality from what I have seen from Fractal design, the HDA/AC 97 cable shorted my system when I plugged in my headphones in and now I have to RMA my Crosshair IV motherboard, (thank god for ASUS warranty) but I am returning the case and opting for another case.

I didn't mind the scratched paint on the hard drive bays and wobbly side panel but that really iced the cake.

Perhaps I am being to hard but the reason I decided to go for the R3 was all the good reviews. I was really disappointed by what I received.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2010
  3. icare2 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi,

I'm neewbie and project to purchase the Define R3 case this week.I plan place inside it:

Intel Core i7 950 Quad Core Processor LGA1366 3.06GHZ Bloomfield
    with
    ASUS Sabertooth X58 LGA1366 DDR3
    and
    Antec Truepower New 650W Modular Power Supply ATX12V V2.3 Active PFC 80 Plus SLI Ready 120MM PWM Fan

All that with G.SKILL F3-12800CL9T-6GBNQ 6GB DDR3 3X2GB DDR3-1600 CL 9-9-9-24 Triple Channel Memory Kit (expandable to 12 GB if necessary)
    I'm not a gamer (I never played on a game on an ordi),but transform a lot of RAWs photo with Lightroom and Photoshop.Sometimes,when I ajust a layer in Toshop,my Intel Core2 Duo E8400 Dual Core,4 Gigs RAM Dual channel needs 7-8 seconds to modify a setting.

I hope it will be faster with the new set-up.One of the MOST impotant to me is the silence,so I want install a fan on the ''innerfloorvent'' running at low speed.
    My question is about the size of the fan fitting there,120 or 140 mm?

(I own Sonata II and Sonata III before and now I want try other style)...
    Thank's a lot,

:)

Last edited: Jan 11, 2011