1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Fractal Design Define XL

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by Darksaber, Jan 20, 2011.

1. Darksaber

Darksaber W1zzard's Sidekick Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2011
    Frick and (FIH) The Don say thanks.
  2. tuppel

tuppel New Member

Thanks Received:
    Mr Know-it-all would like to point out the following:

Typing error:
    Introduction: "They were also kind enough to send us the Define R2 and Define R2 - check out the reviews!"

Contradicting:
    Introduction: "1x 180mm fan included in the top of the case. Recommended for exhaust of air."
    Value and Conclusion: "Top 230 mm fan angled for better sound encapsulation"
    A Closer Look - Inside: "... but Fractal Design has also included an angled 230 mm unit blowing air out the rear vent I mentioned before."

18 kg, my Define R2 almost seems lightweight now.. :D

Darksaber says thanks.
  3. Inioch

Inioch

Thanks Received:
    It could be just me, but I think some of the inside shots are quite dark making it hard to see the details.

4. Darksaber

Thanks Received:
    Agreed, even though they have gone through post-production after being shot, a few reviews in the last 3-4 months were created during my move from one country to another at a temporary location. I apologize for any badly lit images. If you have any questions do not hesitate to let me know!

The next case reviews will have much much better images then ever before from me :D and they will get even better after that if I have it my way ;)

cheers
    DS

Inioch says thanks.
  5. Darksaber

Thanks Received:
    fixed! it is a 180 mm fan! :) thanks for the keen eye (and for actually reading the review ^^)!

6. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    I love the cases they make, they are so darn sexy and pretty cheap at that. Thanks for the review, great as always!

7. Cruc1al New Member

Thanks Received:
    Apart from the temperatures of the components in my Define R3 even with 4 fans, I love it. What used to be 36C idle CPU in Antec 900 is now 40C. But the sound isolation, thumbscrew PCI-E slots, HDD installation, cable management and stylishness are all big +++

8. PirateBoy New Member

Thanks Received:
    Reminds me of this case in some respects -->
    [​IMG]

9. araditus New Member

Thanks Received:
    I feel that for the price its a great case, of course it wont be able to compete with the 800 or 700d from corsair, however those cases are ?40%? more expensive. It should be expected, but I find this a fine case overall for the user that wants quality, features and decent performance at a lower price point.

That being said, I do not think this case has the airflow capabilities for a air over clocker and I also believe that a sli/xfire set up of the higher end skus won't do very well in this case, but watercooling will be dandy and quiet :)