1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Fraps problem

Discussion in 'General Software' started by u2konline, Dec 29, 2012.

1. u2konline

u2konline

Thanks Received:
    Been using fraps for the past 5 years, did a fresh install of windows about a month ago, everything running smooth. Using win7, 4gb ddr2, pny gtx 550 ti, q6600. up until today i could record games just fine, perfect. Just a few hours ago, everything is so choppy now and recording starts out smooth , then about 10 seconds later it gets choppy on me. I Have no idea what the problem could be.

Not recording games i am playing runs at 60 frames all the time, no problem.
    Any ideas?

2. drdeathx

drdeathx

Thanks Received:
    Drivers?

3. DRDNA

DRDNA

Thanks Received:
    maybe you raised the resolution of the fraps recordings?

4. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    It could be the things mentioned above, or it could be your HDD. I find that recording to a different HDD helps, though it isn't necessary. The HDD you're currently using could have degraded in performance over time causing the stuttering.

5. DRDNA

DRDNA

Thanks Received:
    True that! Fraps need high bandwidth on the harddrive.

6. u2konline

u2konline

Thanks Received:
    Everything has been working perfectly with recording as i said, up until a few hours ago. Didn't change anything, its 3:45pm right now, recording problems started at around when i woke up at 10am. Recording starts off good for about 10 seconds, and then out of nowhere it gets choppy.

Are you guys sure its my HD, because when i dont record, games work just fine.

7. u2konline

u2konline

Thanks Received:
    I just use ccleaner and did the reg thing and cleaner and just tested fraps again and everything went smooth. Maybe something was wrong with the reg or i guess i had to do some cleaning.
    :) all is well now

8. lZKoce

lZKoce

Thanks Received:
    Very unsual. Sounds like something you installed to me. All of a sudden a working thing going wrong. Driver, framework, some small decoder missing, some option. Is your UAC on or off? Sometimes when turned off it gives a better refresh rate to the system. That may or may not transfer to the FRAPS recording.

Edit: AAAhhh you posted by the time I write my post. Anyway. Awesome everything is fine now :)

u2konline says thanks.
  9. u2konline

u2konline

Thanks Received:
    yea thanks, might of been a reg problem or something. its fix now, recording is back to normal.