1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[US] Free Arkham City/GTX 5xx Promo Buyer Beware

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by bpgt64, Sep 30, 2011.

1. bpgt64

bpgt64

Thanks Received:
    It seems there have been multiple reports of outages of the codes. I bought my GTX 580 on the 26th of this month and the Duluth, GA Microcenter was already out. Several others have forum posts across the web have surfaced where people bought qualifying cards, and not gotten a code. I understand this is covered in the fine print as it was a limited quantity, just wanted to throw it out there.

*Update* -- Called the Marietta store in Georgia, explained the situation to the manager on duty, got a coupon.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2011
    DaedalusHelios and 95Viper say thanks.
  2. happita

happita

Thanks Received:
    Unfortunately, if they covered their asses in that fine print, then there's nothing you or anyone else can do about it. Whoever introduced "fine print", probably dead now, shouldve gotten a swift kick in the vagina/balls. This is just 1 of the many ways for them to rob you with their eyes closed.

3. DonInKansas

DonInKansas

Thanks Received:
    Wouldn't this be the opposite of a hot deal? :laugh:

4. 95Viper

95Viper

Thanks Received:
    bpgt64, thanks for supplying the info.

However, I really would like you to know; I gave you a thanks, because, you supplied the info without going into a rant, like some do. Professionally posted!:toast:

Last edited: Sep 30, 2011
  5. DaedalusHelios

DaedalusHelios

Thanks Received:
    Thanks man. I appreciate any consumer protection warnings I can get these days. I am tired of finding out fine print the hard way.