1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Free backup software?

Discussion in 'General Software' started by xdaxxchampxx, May 29, 2006.

1. xdaxxchampxx New Member

Thanks Received:
    Can anyone tell me a good free software i can get to make a copy of my drive so that when i want to format i don't have to reinstall everything. I'm looking for something that i can make a clone of my drive when i have it like i want it and then say i corrupt it or get a virus or something and then i can just format and reinstall the clone and have windows back up just how i had it and liked it. Any help would be great thanks :toast:

2. Jimmy 2004

Jimmy 2004 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Not sure of any myself but a quick google found this list, Partition Saving and XXCopy which may do what you want but I haven't checked much. Norton Ghost would be the obvious paid for option to go for I expect.

3. Batou1986

Batou1986

Thanks Received:
    dont know if im alowed to post this here but you can find alota things free if you know where to look *cough*www.isohunt.com*cough*

4. newmodder New Member

Thanks Received:
    yes

I think Nero has a Free trial addition you can use to back up your harddrive..wait doesnt XP come with a backup Program built in? i am pretty siure it does.

5. Jimmy 2004

Jimmy 2004 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm not sure if home edition has it built in already but I think there is some way of installing it, have a google. Unless you're refering to the system restore which isn't perfect (I disable it anyway!).