1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

"Free" CAD/CAM program (a light & easy one)?

Discussion in 'General Software' started by TechnicalFreak, Jul 13, 2008.

1. TechnicalFreak Guest

I'm searching for a free or even a full trial (must be able to save or print) CAD/CAM program.

The reason is that me and some others are building a completely new engine, and I need to make a working model on the computer to solve any "errors" that can come up. This way less errors when actually building the engine.

Also if the program supports a direct up-link to a CNC milling or lathe machine would be even better (so we can actually just build the parts needed).

I was thinking of getting A-Cad at first, but remembered that last time I used it was back in -96 so it's been a while. But that supports some of the features above. Need a program with precision.

Oh, and if anyone knows (or has) a program that can tell you how to build an exhaust system for example a block-4 or V-Twin engine it would be even better.

Does anyone know where I can buy "Electronics Workbench" from (new, not used or similar)?
    And no E-Bay stuff please.

Thankful for any replies given.