1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Free Image Hosting @ TPU

Discussion in 'Comments & Feedback' started by lemonadesoda, Nov 11, 2008.

1. lemonadesoda

lemonadesoda

Thanks Received:
    http://www.techpowerup.org/about.php
    http://www.techpowerup.org/upload.php

How about a thumbnail view, by calendar date, or by person, of what images are in the database? Nice photo history of the site. Plus, all-time greats can be bookmarked or recycled. It's a shame that what is stored is lost, cannot be searched or found, except for one-time use buried within the forum somewhere.

2. Asylum

Asylum

Thanks Received:
    Yea that would be sweet!!:rockout:

3. Black Panther

Black Panther Senior Moderatorâ„¢ Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm all for it.

But please... only the member who uploaded the pics should have access to the database of only his/her own pics.....

(Hmmm I've got a pic in there somewhere, lost, which I'm not particularly eager to have re-surfaced...) :eek::eek::eek:

:eek:

(Well or I can ask that it gets removed from the database)

But the idea is good. It's a pity there are all those pics which is wasted bandwidth if they're not re-accessible.

4. lemonadesoda

lemonadesoda

Thanks Received:
    ^^ good point. Publisher needs to have ability to delete.

OK, so my guess is that the TPU Free image hosting DOESNT HAVE any meta data like "who posted", since TPU Capture does that automatically without any login credentials.

Therefore... until the whole database structure is modified, it doesnt make sense to have this feature. Shame.

(Otherwise the mods would be inundated with requests to delete "filexxx" for blah blah reasons etc.)

Perhaps w1z can put in on the think list for 2009 as a possible feature development.

Black Panther says thanks.