1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

free pdf editor

Discussion in 'General Software' started by stinger608, Mar 4, 2013.

1. dunnmelaniej New Member

Thanks Received:

The one I have used is PDF converter Pro which you can get from http://pdf-file.com. Its not free yet but offers free download trial. Its inbuilt editor was great for editing PDFs without any conversion.
    stinger608 says thanks.
  2. Tartaros

Tartaros

Thanks Received:
    Maybe you can help me guys.

I'm also looking for a pdf converter who can convert folders in batches. I got an ebook while ago and I'm interested in using it for reading some comics. I have been resizing the images to the ebook res (600x800) and lowering a little the image quality since it's a waste of space in the flash to keep the original quality, I don't see any difference between a jpg in 60% and 100% in my ebook. And I would prefer the chapters in a single pdf file than having loads of folders and files. I have been looking for it but I haven't found any that allowed me to change the quality of the pictures. And if it can convert an entire folder containing all the chapter folders and making a pdf per folder that would be fantastic, but I guess that's a wild dream.

So do you guys know any jpg to pdf converter who can allow me to resize the images and change the quality? Thanks.
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2013
  3. dunnmelaniej New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well All to PDF Converter product of PDF-File.com may help you. I am sure that it is having batch conversion feature and also can convert jpg to pdf. However not confirmed whether it can re-size the image or not.
  4. TechnoNinja New Member

Thanks Received:
    seems like everyone already found the answer and it is Adobe Creative Suite CS2. that's a pretty awesome pdf converter when its free even though i hate adobe products. Too bad i already bought paperport professional 14. It is probably better than cs2 but free is always better.
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2013
  5. erixx

erixx

Thanks Received:
    tártaros, you can also make PDFs from Word
    stinger608 says thanks.
  6. caleb

Thanks Received:
    Printers are not free either or you got some good free one ?
  7. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    same answer, CS2. The way it would work is you would open Acrobat, and create a pdf from all of the jps at full size. then you can set the size options for the file and have it reduce the filesize of the whole pdf at once.
    I don't understand this. Of course they are not free, who mentioned printing here?
  8. Tartaros

Tartaros

Thanks Received:
    Sry for the delay, I have been very busy lately :p

I gave up on the idea of editing jpgs into pdfs. I tried a bunch of programs and it's quite troublesome to do it the way I wanted. Somehow my ebook doesn't manage very well the image quality in reader mode, apart from other problems related to the conversion, so I will stick with jpgs.

At least I discovered a free and quite complete program to convert images in batches and also create pdfs. It's called Light Image Resizer. Good and fast.
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2013
  9. arronlee New Member

Thanks Received:
    Adobe Creative Suit CS2?
    Most adobe products are massively overpriced.
    I have to working with all different kinds of PDF files every day, too.
    So, I have tested many free SDKs to deal with them in my working hours. But the only thing I found is that the free versions do not contain many professional functions.
    What's more, the over-professional softwares are a little complicated for the common use.
    However, some free trials offer many professional but simple services instead.
    So that's a good choice for common use, such as editing pdf files.
    BTW, the processing way of the SDK is much simpler and easier than the programme.
  10. HossHuge

HossHuge

Thanks Received:
  11. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD
  12. Mindweaver

Mindweaver Moderato®™ Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I agree that Adobe CS2 is the best choice right now, but who knows about later? I think leaving this thread open is a good idea. Users can add to it as stuff comes available. Oh and good find newtekie1! :toast: I uses the free version of PrimoPDF on windows 7 64bit and it works great and it's actually better than Adobe Reader Pro 7 in some cases. It has a great pdf printer and you can save images out of a pdf really easy. :toast:
    Crunching for Team TPU
  13. whatwewa New Member

Thanks Received: