1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Free Raid 0 migration software?

Discussion in 'Storage' started by theoneandonlymrk, Feb 1, 2013.

1. theoneandonlymrk

theoneandonlymrk

Thanks Received:
    Pretty much what the title says.
    I need a good (READ FREE) piece of drive or partition migration software to move my raid 0 games drive onto a raid0 ssd drive ive searched but cant find an appropriate thread

2. xvi

xvi

Thanks Received:
    You want to copy from one working RAID array to another?

I'd take the opportunity to install Windows fresh on the SSD array, reinstall the games and simply copy the saves over (usually in My Documents/My Games/etc).

If it needs to be copied.. Hook up both arrays and image straight across. If you can't hook them both up, shrink the volume as much as you can, take an image, and restore the image to the SSD array.

I'd try either the Ultimate Boot CD or Ultimate Boot CD for Windows (requires Win XP disc). If you use the Ultimate Boot CD, boot to Parted Magic. Linux should identify your RAID array and allow you to image it as you wish. The Ultimate Boot CD for Windows will most likely require you to dig up RAID drivers for Windows XP, which may not exist.

theoneandonlymrk says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  3. theoneandonlymrk

theoneandonlymrk

Thanks Received:
    Think im going to reinstall the game's