1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

"Free" Steam game, CrimeCraft: BLEEDOUT - is it just one big spyware trojan?

Discussion in 'Games' started by qubit, Aug 24, 2011.

?

Is CrimeCraft spyware? (public poll)

1. YES - definitely. Get rid of it now!

10.0%
  2. YES, possibly. This is very suspicious

10.0%
  3. No

70.0%
  4. Not sure

10.0%
  1. yogurt_21

yogurt_21

Thanks Received:
    that's because McAfee is a virus. :laugh:

false positive, but just in case give me your steam username and password and I'll fix it right up for you. I promise ;)

qubit says thanks.
  2. qubit

qubit Overclocked quantum bit

Thanks Received:
    You muppet! :toast:

Anyway, here it is:

Username: us3rnam3
    Password: pa$$w0rd

;););)

yogurt_21 says thanks.
  3. Harlach New Member

Thanks Received:
    Crime Craft Bleedout

Alright, so after I downloaded crime craft and played a few hours and took a break, shut off my comp and when I come back, and load up steam this is what is happening now.

Running Steam in Windows compatibility mode is not recommended.
    Please remove any Windows compatibility settings for all users under file properties for Steam.exe and restart Steam. Press 'Cance' to permanently ignore this warning and continue.

now I'm tempted to press cancel, but my friend messaged me about an hour ago saying how he deleted CrimeCraft Bleedout and had to do some major cleaning as to it gave him a virus saying it infiltrated his windows updater and program manager.

What's up with this thing? did I get a virus should I clean it out and restore to a few days ago? lol I like the game but I'm not sure what to do

4. qubit

qubit Overclocked quantum bit

Thanks Received:
    Can you clarify what you mean by "infiltrated"? Also, what do you mean by "program manager"? This hasn't existed since Windows 3.0. We need better info than this if we're to help you.

Perhaps get your friend to register on TPU and tell us directly? :toast:

5. Harlach New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well what I'm really wondering about is

Running Steam in Windows compatibility mode is not recommended.
    Please remove any Windows compatibility settings for all users under file properties for Steam.exe and restart Steam. Press 'Cancel' to permanently ignore this warning and continue.

That portion, why after I downloaded and played the game for a bit did this happen when I started it up again. Which i forgot to mention for some reason was that I checked the file and proceeded to turn off windows compatibility but it's not on, so I'm confused as to why it says this

6. ctrain New Member

Thanks Received:
    that's no virus, just convenient timing of a slightly annoying problem with steam. just google it and you'll find a fix, it takes 3 seconds to do. i think it's actually the result of a windows feature.

7. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    That all depends on where you kiss her and what you were doing before the kiss. Under certain circumstances your dad could be completely right.

8. d3fct

d3fct

Thanks Received:
    i installed it and scanned with malwarebytes and windows defender, they didnt flag it. not sure how good they are but i fully trust steam. played it for 4 hours, was actually pretty fun, but the wait time to get in a server is terrible. guess they never expected this many ppl to actually be playing it at one time.

9. twicksisted

twicksisted

Thanks Received:
    or what youve been doing with your mouth before you kiss the said girl... spit swallow gargle