1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

free zonealarm internet security suite (uk only?)

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by mullered07, Apr 1, 2007.

1. mullered07

mullered07 New Member

Thanks Received:
    went to download zonealarm free firewall the other day when i spotted zone labs internet security suite for £0 when you take out a trial pay offer THIS IS NOT SPAM OR A SCAM

anyway i had a look at these offers one of which you have to complete to get your free zonealarm security suite MOST of them you have to sign up to some sort of club and purchase somthing, however......

i saw the ebay logo among the offers and it turns out all you have to do is register with ebay and (heres the good bit) buy OR just bid on somthing, so i registered placed a bid on somthing i knew i would get outbid on ;)

at first it didnt register with trialpay that i had completed the steps to get my free :p security suite but i sent them the registration email from ebay and the email that confirmed the bid i placed (with full headers ;) ) and i have just gotten my confirmation email today with my serial number.

i know a lot of people might have av/fw/anti spyware etc but i thought id share this with you anyway i think its a sweet deal. heres the link, try it if you dont believe me :p

http://www.zonealarm.com/store/content/company/products/znalm/freeDownload.jsp
  2. Jimmy 2004

Jimmy 2004 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Nice find :toast:

I think I'll stick to avast! and Comodo because I don't want the hassle of setting up more antivirus and firewall when mine works fine, but that's definitely a good deal, if for the firewall alone.
  3. 144 and UP

144 and UP New Member

Thanks Received:
    Nice one.
    I have Zone alarm pro firewall :banghead:
  4. Fusion New Member

Thanks Received:
    Signed up for the ebay one, lets hope it works, if so then i will do it a few times and get sevral copies for the whole family :D

Edit:

Got it today, works perfectly. Will go nicely with Vista :D
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2007
  5. Casheti

Casheti New Member

Thanks Received:
    Kaspersky owns you all...
  6. ktr

ktr

Thanks Received:
    i use windows firewall and Norton corporate...both are doing there job and is not obtrusive (doesn't annoy me).
  7. xylomn

xylomn New Member

Thanks Received:
    Comodo firewall owns kaspersky and zone alarms firewall :p
  8. Jimmy 2004

Jimmy 2004 New Member

Thanks Received:
    So true. It's easily the best firewall I have used - and I've tried a lot of free ones and things like Norton. Windows Firewall is great for blocking inbound traffic, but get a trojan and it can send out all it likes without the Windows Firewall lifting an eyelid. Comodo blocks anything I don't want it to let through. :cool:
  9. Casheti

Casheti New Member

Thanks Received:
    I might give it a go.
  10. xylomn

xylomn New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm looking forward to the beta of comodo v3 for vista... shame its been put back to 16th of next month but better to get a polished version then a flakey one...