1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Fresh Modern Warfare 2 Screens!

Discussion in 'Games' started by TheMailMan78, Aug 19, 2009.

1. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Enjoy guys. Honestly I'm not even excited about this one after seeing BF:Bad Company 2. This game just looks like a CoD:4 mod to me. :rolleyes: Stupid ass console ports.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Source
  2. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    Its does look the same, but it should still be awesome.:)

The good thing about console ports is i know its going to run nicely on my system even at the sacrifice of a little eye candy.:)
  3. MatTheCat New Member

Thanks Received:
    Dude, surely your system will pwn any console port thrown at it, WITH ADDED EYE CANDY thrown in for good measure?
  4. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    he has a Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6700 - non overclocked.....what a pity... all that $$$ spent when a lesser C2Q can so easily beat it (overclocked compared to the QX stock speeds)

you could have bought a Q9550 that would probably get more or less the same clocks as the QX when overclocked...

so much potential gone to waste.
  5. kyle2020 Guest

Why link screens and make a thread on it if your not enthusiastic about it? :wtf:
  6. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    I got it for free.;)
  7. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Some people are and its about the only way I can contribute to the community. That and Photoshop tips.
  8. Triprift

Triprift

Thanks Received:
    I actually prefered World at war to modern warfare im sure this will be good though.
  9. A Cheese Danish

A Cheese Danish

Thanks Received:
    Idk why, but that looks like artwork to me. But nonetheless, can't wait for the game, unless Activision wants to up the price
  10. Triprift

Triprift

Thanks Received:
    I thought the same thing not that i dont think the games graphics wont be brill cus im sure it will.
  11. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Me too. I thought it was a much better game.
  12. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    World at war was 'fun' but somehow not really as captivating as Id hoped it to be. there are still things penty of thiings wrong with World At War namely no spawn protection - STILL broken epic spawning system. when CoD4:Mw came out, i swear to god i didnt sleep for like 2 weeks. & still to this day, still prefer MW to W@W.

of course...it doesnt help that I heavily scrutinize Treyarch's/Activisions efforts constantly by comparing W@W to their major 2003 hit CoD1/UO.

I just think they could have done a lot more but didnt. its still fun no less but lackluster.
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2009
  13. MadClown

MadClown New Member

Thanks Received:
    NY, the state were you cant defend yourself
    I like World at war for the Bolts and the detailed BAR texture, damn it looks sexy.

COD4 was an impulse buy for me, i never saw many screens of it, just the first few, so i just bought it for the lulz. MW2, might not be an Impulse, ima wait and watch gameplay vids on the tube after it comes out. It looks cool, but Ive wasted too much money on games I never play and seeing as this is prolly gonna retail for $60 I wanna make sure I get my money's worth.
  14. DaveK

DaveK

Thanks Received:
    Day 1 buy for me no doubt. They're hoping to release a new multiplayer video this week showing off a new perk people wanted.
  15. joinmeindeath417

joinmeindeath417 New Member

Thanks Received:
    i hope its actually a decent length in gameplay 4 hours was not justifiable and that was on the hardest difficulty, yeah i love the multiplayer, but i loved COD 4 single player, just needed to be longer
  16. jmcslob

Thanks Received:
    No No NO! some of your comments here and there have me LMAO, which is another great contribution TYVM:rockout:
  17. zithe

zithe

Thanks Received:
    I won't buy a COD until they get rid of punkbuster. =\

Well, I'll buy it. But I won't play online with my friends. (for very long, at least)
  18. EastCoasthandle

EastCoasthandle New Member

Thanks Received:
    Wow, IQ hasn't improved at all. I would be concerned as how IW plans on supporting the PC community. 1st day will be: "The search for clean servers". Try to rack up as much points as possible until the: "Rank UP Servers" start popping up.
  19. joinmeindeath417

Thanks Received:
    In there eyes PC community is second rate sadly, thats just what they do make it for 360 and than port to all systems/pc's
  20. EastCoasthandle

EastCoasthandle New Member

Thanks Received:
    From what I heard there will be no achievements. I am not sure about map packs for the PC (among other mentionables). I really don't understand the level of loyalty from some within the PC community. From the pics there are no obvious improvements from WaW let alone MW and if this suppose to be a port they are not "porting" over the same level of game play that's found on the console. And, from what I'v read it may intially cost the same as the console!! Are you kidding me here? :wtf:
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2009
    Scrizz says thanks.
  21. Ben_UK New Member

Thanks Received:
    Everything after COD1 / UO has been second rate for me.

United Offensive took COD and made it brilliant.

COD2 was weak, COD4 and WAW were better, but still not as good as UO.
  22. joinmeindeath417

Thanks Received:
    To them if it ain't broke don't fix it,

and Cod 4 wasn't broke and still cost 45 dollars or some shit almost 2 years after release haha, so there going to keep it exactly the same add a few things and whala cod mw2
  23. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    It will have TWICE the amount of achievements. There is already a video on them.
  24. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    god mode for 20 seconds after death???
    1Kurgan1 says thanks.
  25. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    I have to somewhat agree - UO really made CoD what it is today even though they have abandoned a lot of the qualities that made it what it was *cough* (Jeeps, Elephant tanks & HUGE F**KING MAPS )

from day one I had a huge dislike for CoD2 - My clan played it & had a CoD2 server, I never once set foot in the server nor played with my clan mates. I dunno what it was but I just found the game extremely replusive to the point it would almost make me sick if i started playing it for more then 15mins. CoD:4 - one of the best games I have played but still comes in second behind UO. WAW is somewhere in the middle....Im not super keen on it but then again its not super crap either