1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

From the guy upgrading the teeny AMD to run Adobe..

Discussion in 'System Builder's Advice' started by musikman1, Jun 30, 2011.

1. musikman1 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well, I have the FIRST answer in my various quandaries.. After using ATI/AMD and nVidia calculators last nite, one told me 858W, the other 991W. Either is ok, as I have a tiny H-RS880-uATX aloe board to upgrade.

To start my quest, I simply pulled out the Beston 300 (HP told somebody here that this rig would NOT run on ANYTHING larger than 300W), and carefully laid in the Antec Trupower Quatro 1000W, and the holes even matched up! After getting all of the old hardware rewired (two SATA HDD's, one BluRay, one Pioneer DVD/RW/CDR/RW, CPU fan et all, I held my breath and hit the I/O switch on the back, then the momentary switch on the front.

The Antec 1000W PSU acted just like it should. The fan dropped down to darned near inaudible and the everything was running nice and quiet for 1-2 hours. I'm giving it a rest now, but NOW comes the fun part - adding the 580GTX, new CPU, added HDD, added memory so the Adobe stuff with trundle properly.

I'll give you reports as I go along..

Rick

2. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    Please update your system specs in your USERCP

Crunching for Team TPU