1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

frontpanel still isnt working.

Discussion in 'System Builder's Advice' started by jinho11104, Sep 12, 2008.

1. jinho11104 New Member

Thanks Received:
    ive bought md2 ultra media dashboard because the stock ultgra external didnt work with front panel..

audio doesnt work!
    theres only one way to plug it in as the second hole is filled in and 2 pins missing. obviously one being the one thats sealed by the white thing and another one on the opposite side.. is this a problem?

i plug in my ipod and a msg comes up saying it doesnt have enough energy to s upport the usb.. explain this madness to me i really think somethings wrong

EDIT:
    audio fixed.
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2008
  2. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    I've found that some motherboards do not provide enough power to the front USB ports to power devices that charge from the USB port, or external hard drives that run directly from the USB port's power.

As for the audio, you might have to go into your BIOS and manual select analog audio or AC 97. I've had a few motherboards that required me to do this to work correctly with the front audio connectors. Also, if you drivers automatically detect when something is plugged in, you might have to configure them to just always assume something is plugged into the front ports.
    jinho11104 says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD
  3. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    Front panel USB should not necessarily be used for MP3 devices...my Ipod Shuffle (G/F found it in the middle of our street, not ran over lol) is fine w/front USB, but my G/F's Zune states clearly in the book to NOT use front panel USB ever, to only use MB USB.

As-far-as front panel audio, make sure it's enabled in BIOS. Some have it enabled by default, some also have multiple FP modes, HD FP Audio and FP Audio are my 2 choices...selecting the wrong one can cause issues.

The white plug on the plug-in is supposed to help in asserting correct installation as I see it...that way the plug can only fit one way and preventing issues.

Do you need to enable FP in the sound devices software by chance?

Edit: Newtekie beat me to it! :toast:
    jinho11104 says thanks.
  4. jinho11104 New Member

Thanks Received:
    IT BROKE AGAIN!!! omg i am SOOO FUSTRATED TO THE POINT I WANT TO!!.

the front panel sound worked okay yesterday.. but now it has no signs of it working.. i wish the cmoputer had a detector for these
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2008