1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Full HD video playback on ANY netbook!

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by RejZoR, Oct 10, 2009.

1. RejZoR

RejZoR

Thanks Received:
    Ok, i was not exactly sure where to post this so i've decided to post it here. It's mostly related to notebooks/netbooks, but there is no such category. Anyway...

I've written a short guide on my blog www.rejzor.tk

Direct link:
    http://my.opera.com/rejzor/blog/1080p-hd-video-playback-on-any-netbook

I've used a regular netbook (not ION based) with Intel Atom N270 and Intel GMA950.
    On top, i've used Media Player Classic Home Cinema and awesome CoreAVC codec for H.264 decoding. And to my surprise it worked incredibly well. Pretty much all 1080p videos played perfectly smooth with fully synced audio. Something i wanted to have ever since i bought my netbook. And here it is. I hope it will come in handy for you guys. Read the link above for detailed guide on how to setup everything.

Let me know how it works for you here or on my blog. Feedback from different hardware configurations (netbooks) would be great.

Enjoy!

Fif23 says thanks.
  2. Geofrancis

Geofrancis

Thanks Received:
    it looks good but unfortunately its not free i would spend my money on a hd decoder card before spending money on software decoders

3. RejZoR

RejZoR

Thanks Received:
    Decent alternative is DivX HD decoder which is free. But nowhere near as fast.
    As for the hardware decoders, i'm not sure where to get one and how to integrate it. I know there was some video about it for Aspire One but i can't remember where exactly.

Btw, it turned out that very high bitrate video still lags. But 1080p trailers play smooth. And theys don't seem to be all that worse in quality. Even without deblocking. But i'd have to test on 42 inch LCD to see the real difference.

4. Geofrancis

Geofrancis

Thanks Received: